Head of HRBPs- TechSan Francisco
At Asana, we are innovating to build the future of work. We’re building collaboration software that makes it easier for the world’s teams to work together effortlessly and focus on the work that matters.
We’re a product-led organization looking for an experienced, strategic People Partner leader(Human Resources Business Partner manager) to work with our Engineering and Product organization. This role will partner closely with our technical Leadership team and cross-functional stakeholders to create and execute on people strategies that accelerate our R&D objectives and enable us to scale for hyper growth.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a small team of People Partners supporting our technical teams (Engineering and Product/Design)
- Strategic thought partner for our Engineering and Product leaders; becoming a trusted advisor on organizational design, change management, people strategy, and employee engagement initiatives.
- Partner with the Engineering & Product Leadership team to proactively identify organizational needs, evaluate options, develop and drive needed change initiatives to support the broader talent strategy and business goals.
- Be a champion of the Asana and Engineering/Product culture and values; help to make Asana a place where all our engineers belong and thrive.
- Use people metrics to drive key insights and decisions for talent growth and retention.
- Collaborate with other parts of the People Operations team to execute cyclical programs including compensation review, feedback cycles, engagement surveys and development programs.
- Working with two other people partners that are dedicated to Asana’s Product & Engineering teams, collaborating to provide support to the group’s managers and employees..
- Serve as a coach and confidant to all levels of Engineering management, for personal growth and professional success.
- 8+ years of progressive People Operations (Human Resources) experience with 5+ years as a people partner or equivalent.
- 5+ years of management experience.
- Experience working with Engineering, Product or tech teams is a plus.
- Experience with organizational design and effectiveness, change management, performance management, leadership coaching, learning and development programs, total rewards and compliance.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Data-driven, decision maker & pragmatic problem solver who can find root causes of issues and gain leadership support to address them.
- Proven ability to manage priorities among multiple stakeholders and multitask or re-prioritize as needed in a high-velocity environment.
- Collaborate effectively across a broad set of stakeholders and make decisions without having full consensus.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.