Product Manager, AutomationSan Francisco
Product managers at Asana drive Asana’s product strategy and execution, translating customer needs and opportunities into a compelling roadmap and working cross-functionally to deliver impactful solutions for team productivity and collaboration. We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Design, User Research, and Data Science, as well as with Sales, Support, and Marketing to ship great product. You’ll take part in every type of product work here — from strategy to product to process improvements — conceptualizing, launching, and iterating on Asana itself for millions of teams around the world.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our Automation team and lead the next phase of development for Asana Rules. You’re an experienced product leader who has deep empathy for customers and can inspire the team with a bold vision and strategic plan to deliver. You have experience working across complex systems, and know when to dig in with engineering and design partners to make the right balance of short and long-term decisions. You thrive on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with teams across the company to create the best experience for our customers.
What you’ll achieve
- Define and deliver a compelling vision and roadmap based on customer needs and strategic opportunities
- Partner with Engineering and Design peers to execute on the plan
- Connect the dots across the system to create a cohesive customer experience
- Mentor new PMs and share best practices with the product team
- 5+ years professional experience managing software products from inception through launch and iteration
- Empathetic and analytic: elicits non-obvious customer needs, synthesizes research to gain a deep understanding and narrow definition of a problem
- Strategic: inspires the company by creating bold, game-changing ideas and delivering them across a set of customer problems
- Executional ownership: creates, flexes, and evangelizes a roadmap. Thoughtfully breaks down projects to MVPs to maximize customer value with the least amount of work.
- Communication and collaboration: co-creates with teammates to deliver high-quality results. Speaks and writes with clarity
- Team builder: mentors others. Creates great team morale. Shares best practices.
- Growth Mindset: leads with curiosity, open to feedback
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.