Technical Program Manager, AccessibilitySan Francisco
The Engineering Operations team ensures Asana has a highly effective, efficient, and thriving organization of R&D teams. We manage critical business systems and drive strategic initiatives at three different altitudes: the org layer, as an interface to the rest of the business, the team and pillar level, as we build and scale a complex product, and at the individual level: helping every engineer thrive.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to join Engineering Operations focused on Accessibility. You’d play a critical role in advancing our accessibility roadmap, partnering closely with engineers, product managers, and designers. You’d drive adoption of accessibility frameworks across our product and establish programs and processes that foster an accessibility-minded and inclusive culture. These programs will span all our product and infrastructure teams to drive alignment, maintain our focus on our customers, and continue to deliver a high quality product efficiently.
You’ll also play an essential role on the Eng Ops team, building systems and programs that help our engineering culture and values thrive.
What You’ll Achieve
- Manage execution of company-wide accessibility remediation efforts, partnering with product managers, engineers, designers and user researchers.
- Establish programs to educate, promote and enable accessibility best practices in software development at Asana
- Communicate Accessibility progress to customers and stakeholders at various levels in the organization.
- Enable teams to work more effectively and efficiently by clarifying roles and responsibilities by developing and removing processes as appropriate
- Improve the cohesiveness between product and infrastructure pillars, by evolving our communications and information tracking systems
- You have a passion for and understanding of developing accessible products and experiences
- You have 5+ years of professional experience, ideally with organizational strategy, program management, process improvement, planning and/or consulting within an engineering or product function in a fast-paced business. You know how to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- You have a solid familiarity and experience with the software development life cycle and general software development workflows
- You can project manage complex cross-functional initiatives at multiple levels within the company, with precise, influential communication skills
- You’re as comfortable writing a playbook as you are following one
- You possess excellent interpersonal skills; you are able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations clearly, verbally and in writing
- BA/BS degree or higher, preferably in a quantitative field (engineering, math, physics, etc.).
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.