Product Owner - Tax SystemsSan Francisco
We are looking for a Senior Product Owner for our Tax Systems to join our Enterprise Technology Team with expertise in implementing a Tax Engine (Vertex) for Indirect (Sales Tax/VAT/GST) and Consumption Tax and integrating that with our Order Management System, Procurement System and ERP. You will provide technical and functional support and guidance to our Business Tax team on effective processes implementation, and leveraging technology solutions. The Enterprise Technology team is responsible for delivering scalable efficient processes, infrastructure, applications technology and data insights that help Asana achieve its mission. We partner across the company to drive transformations that result in growing our business, organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
You will have strong business acumen, data and technology experience in addition to possessing excellent strategy, business partnering and collaboration skills. You take the initiative to identify high impact projects and work cross functionally to execute and realize Asana’s business strategy. In this role you are overseeing a mission-critical part of the company, responsible for scaling our payment processing, billing, tax reporting and compliance across the company.
What you’ll achieve
- Configure, maintain, enhance and integrate Vertex with Zuora, NetSuite and Coupa
- Work on VAT/GST/Sales Tax and other similar transaction-based taxes and Consumption/Use Tax related projects with a global scope
- Liaise with Tax/Treasury colleagues to assist in delivering tax and compliance related projects.
- Help manage tax compliance risk while increasing confidence that nothing has been missed.
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, Ops, and other organizational units as it pertains to the Indirect/Use Tax processes and systems.
- Partner with the Finance and Accounting departments to drive business value with automations and streamlining processes
- Establish strong collaboration with colleagues on the Salesforce, product teams and Procurement team to ensure end-to-end success of the Quote to Cash and Procure to Pay Processes
- Act as an owner and ultimate escalation point for build and maintenance of Vertex as an internal product to scale Asana’s global footprint
- Ensure the highest level of data accuracy and tax compliance
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
- 5+ years of experience working in indirect tax (Sales Tax/VAT/GST) and Consumption/Use Tax, preferably working with multinational companies
- Indirect tax consulting and/or compliance experience
- Strong multi-year implementation and support experience in tax systems for ex: Vertex, Avalara, OneSource
- Experience integrating Vertex with Zuora/Recurly or other Order Management Systems, Coupa and Netsuite or other ERPs
- Experience with full implementation lifecycle including requirements gathering, design, build, testing, cutover and go-live.
- Ability to conduct a thorough impact assessment on the feasibility of existing systems
- NetSuite and Vertex Certification preferred
- Working knowledge of configuring NetSuite for core Finance Processes preferred
- You understand the integration points and data flows from/to Salesforce that impact a Quote to Cash flow and from/to Coupa that impact the Procure to Pay flow
- You are highly collaborative and can operate with cross functional teams like Finance, Accounting, Sales, Product Engineering and others
- A positive growth mindset. Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve. We’re looking for lifelong learners
- Capable of decomposing a big vision into bite-size milestones and be agile in execution to create faster value
- Effective influencer and communicator across teams and at all levels
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up skills
- Preferably a BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.