Director of Design, New User AdoptionSan Francisco
Asana is looking for a Director of Design for the Adoption design team to lead a team of designers focused on new user adoption. This adoption team has a charter of driving various adoption initiatives and making Asana a product that the world’s teams can immediately adopt and fall in love with.
This role is perfect for design leaders who enjoy identifying latent customer needs and connecting the dots between design and business. We are looking for someone who has a heart for the customer, a passion for product excellence, and sharp business acumen. Someone who can learn fast, understand which details matter, and guide their team to craft high-quality experiences. Above all, an excellent people manager who can coach the designers on their team to do their best work.
You will be a part of the Asana Design leadership team, and you will have the opportunity to pave the way for innovation for the larger Asana design team in not only what we make but also how we make it.
What you'll achieve
- Grow, mentor, and lead a talented team of Product Designers across San Francisco and Vancouver offices.
- Partner with cross-functional partners to establish vision, strategy, metrics, and goals for the Adoption organization.
- Help define strategy, objectives and set the vision for the user experience to meet customer and business needs.
- Guide your team, oversee multiple workstreams and connect dots between cross-org products to deliver a cohesive customer experience.
- Be the champion for product excellence.
- 10+ years of experience in Product Design with 3+ years in a people management role.
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of design leadership, end-to-end experience ownership and design excellence.
- Strong customer advocacy with a penchant for data and business-informed design.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.