Director of Engineering, Core FeaturesNew York City
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. We work closely with designers and PMs to build and continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. We have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
We're looking for a kind, effective leader to take on a key engineering leadership role for the area whose vision is to make it effortless for teams to plan and track work together. This is a senior management position in our product engineering organization with a mission to enable Asana users to know who’s doing what by when, and why at every level. As part of this mission, your teams will focus on empowering teams to better set up their work, allow powerful flexibility for Asana to evolve with your team and leverage Asana’s proprietary data model, the work graph, to continually reduce work about work.
What you’ll achieve
- You'll be responsible for 2full-stack engineering teams who are focused on allowing teams to seamlessly reflect the reality of their work in Asana via custom fields and making it effortless to use projects for all stages of the team's work
- Develop managers in your org and build out the teams in your area.
- Partner with PM and Design leads to create a vision and strategy for your area and plan for scaling your organization.
- Lead your teams with clear strategic direction and operating conditions, and coach the next generation of technical leaders at Asana.
- Contribute to organization-wide initiatives as a part of the engineering leadership team.
- You have successfully managed senior managers and tech leads with a wide range of experiences. You can effectively shape your coaching and mentoring style to guide the leaders in both personal and career growth.
- You have experience developing product strategy for your team in collaboration with PM and Design
- You are an empathetic leader with a track record of developing your team while delivering business results.
- You are comfortable making decisions with nuanced, complicated data, but also with user research and product intuition.
- You are an excellent partner to functions ranging across the company.
- You communicate well to people of different backgrounds, can manage expectations, and influence other teams' behaviors.
- You are able to scale yourself and your organization, clearly defining responsibilities while planning for people and team growth.
- Experience building SaaS products is desirable.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.