Software Engineer, PerformanceSan Francisco
The Core Performance team builds the tools, frameworks, and infrastructure to enable a more performant Asana without sacrificing velocity. The team both directly contributes to, and empowers other Asana engineers in, a common mission to make everything we build as fast and efficient as possible. We leverage cutting-edge web performance technologies and methodologies and shape them to work within Asana’s unique infrastructure.
What you’ll achieve:
- Design, develop, and ship key framework initiatives to enable other Asana engineers to develop performant features.
- Take ownership of and shape how performance engineering is done at Asana.
- Investigate and resolve high impact, high complexity performance issues within the Asana product and infrastructure.
- 2+ years of software engineering experience, ideally with some background in performance engineering or frameworks.
- Excellent communication for both working with teammates and collaborating with other teams.
- Curiosity to drive to the root cause of technically challenging problems and autonomy / initiative to drive those problems to resolution.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.