Software Engineer, Development LifecycleSan Francisco
We’re looking for an engineer who is passionate about developer tooling and workflows. As a Development Lifecycle Engineer, you’ll be responsible for understanding opportunities for improvement in Asana’s engineering workflows and architecting and implementing changes that meaningfully impact both the experience of engineers and our ability to get our product into our users hands.
The Development Lifecycle team builds the systems and tooling that bring Asana engineers’ work from conception to production quickly, robustly, and delightfully. We are responsible for ensuring local development workflows are fast and seamless, strengthening our continuous integration pipeline to provide our engineers with world-class testing infrastructure, and standing up the systems that push our code to our production systems. We own, architect, and build every aspect of our systems — from CLI tools to backend services to internal tool UIs — all in the name of providing an excellent development experience for Asana engineers.
What you'll achieve
- Own every part of the improvements you make, from infrastructure changes through to front end interfaces
- Design, build, and operate systems which ensure Asana engineers are building high-quality and bug-free product
- Understand the various workflows of engineers at Asana, and find ways to let them respond to issues more quickly and efficiently
- Balance standardizing tools and processes across the entire engineering organization with teams using specific tools for their own needs
- Modernize our development, testing, and deployment tooling, tighten development iteration loops, and polish the experience around frequent cycles in the development lifecycle
- Solve upcoming scalability problems related to our development environment and build system
- 2+ years experience of full time professional software development experience, or equivalent
- 1+ year working on end-to-end systems or infrastructure
- An empathy and understanding of the development lifecycle from local development to deployment
- Focus on eliminating risks and building reliable, scalable, and performant systems
- Are looking for an environment where you and your teammates empower one another to become the best versions of yourselves
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.