Global Corporate ControllerSan Francisco
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, curious, and analytical leader to help us achieve our operational and financial goals while embodying our company values. You will join a world-class Finance team as our Corporate Controller. The Corporate Controller is a proven professional that is responsible for the core operational aspects of accounting. This includes developing talent, balancing capabilities and working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing and growing environment.
The Corporate Controller collaborates cross functionally with the broader organization and is the leader of the Company's accounting team which includes responsibility for the record to report cycle, month end close, regulatory compliance, revenue, procure to pay and financial reporting and analysis. Success in this role is dependent on leadership, organization/people development, process improvement, strategic execution, ability to deal with a rapidly changing business environment and strong communication.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead, develop and improve the global close processes for a fast-paced, rapidly growing global SaaS company
- Establish and maintain accounting policies, leading practices and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance
- Manage the general ledger, technical accounting & policy, consolidations, reporting and other teams
- Oversee monthly/quarterly/annual close efforts
- Ensure overall corporate controllership policies are aligned globally
- Oversee all accounting integration & valuation for mergers & acquisitions
- Work with Internal Audit to improve internal controls to ensure SOX compliance with all processes within the controllership organization
- Work closely with financial planning & analysis team on reporting efforts and monthly accruals related to budgeting and forecasting
- Oversee audit process by external independent auditors
- Bachelor's degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance
- CPA or MBA required
- At least 15 years work experience in accounting
- 4+ years in Big 4 public accounting
- Previous experience as a public company Corporate Controller or Assistant Controller of large public corporation
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under US GAAP and SEC requirements
- Merger & acquisition and integration accounting experience
- Deep technical knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures
- Previous experience in a public company SOX environment
- Proven success in developing and leading a team of people using a collaborative management style in a public company environment
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.