Staff Product Designer, PaySan Francisco
We’re defining the Work Management category and inventing new ways for teams to work more efficiently together and see the larger purpose behind their work. You’ll work directly with Engineering, Product Management, User Research, and Data Science, and others to ship great products. Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
As a designer in our Pay Area you’ll be responsible for contributing to the vision, strategy, and roadmap for our most critical monetization programs: helping us expand our product line, optimizing upsells and cross-sells, as well as our checkout experience and conversion. You are an experienced product designer who thrives on cross-functional collaboration and are excited to partner with engineering, user research, product management, business teams, and the rest of our amazing design crew.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will play a key role in a small team of Product Designers owning core product development, from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 190 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
What you’ll achieve
- Own and lead the end-to-end design process of net new features and iterations of an award-winning product (read stories on the Asana Design blog)
- Work through product problems from opportunity and definition to shipping features to our customers
- Be actively involved in defining the vision and strategy for your program team as a key contributor to defining your program’s goals, success metrics, roadmap, and sprint commitments
- Influence the direction of your program by identifying and defining new feature opportunities
- Collaborate across teams to drive quality, consistency and innovation in the product.
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to use design, thinking in terms of design systems, not just screens
- Design and prototype multiple ideas quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate product directions
- Participate in design critique and present work regularly in product leadership feedback meetings
- Partner closely with engineers as they build and ship solutions
- Experience career growth and personal development with world-class mentorship and development program
- 5 or more years relevant design experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- Experience designing digital apps and systems; you have built product solutions and iterated on existing solutions, a plus if you’ve done this on a growth, onboarding, business, or enterprise product team
- Clearly communicate design work with solid rationale informed by research and data
- A driven self-starter who is excited about collaborating and building relationships with other teams in the company, including Engineering, Marketing, User Research, and Product Management
- Possess a strong understanding of the product development process, from discovery and problem definition to detailed UX and visual design
- A champion of the user, you connect directly with customers and actively participate in user research, ensuring that designs are informed by research and data to shape the future of our product
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Sketch and Figma
- Able to understand and adhere to a design system, and challenge and contribute to it when necessary
- Strong aptitude for building prototypes at various fidelity using tools like Framer, Principle, Figma or whatever you like to use that gets the job done.
- Approach problems with curiosity, and excitement to learn and grow your skill
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.