Staff Product Designer, Project ExperienceNew York City
Asana is looking for a seasoned Product Designer to join our Project Experience team. This team is responsible for the end-to-end, core project experience that teams around the globe have come to love. As the designer on the team, you’ll be responsible for transforming how teams use Asana. This is an opportunity to reinvent the project experience so that teams are able to take their vision of how to get work done together, and make it happen using Asana. We’re looking for someone who thinks creatively and strategically, and has had prior experience taking an existing product to the next level or taking a product from zero to one. If you’re looking for scope and influence in your next role, this is it.
As part of a product-driven and design-led company, you will play a key role in a small team of Product Designers owning core product development, from inception to iteration and post-launch reflection. You will be designing beautiful experiences that make it as simple as possible for millions of users to adopt, use, and benefit from our product, helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s Product Design team is a tight-knit, collaborative group of designers from many different backgrounds who love combining research, data insights, and peer feedback into a user-centered design process. We pride ourselves on having a high Designer to Engineer ratio that enables you to do your best work on a balanced team.
What you’ll achieve
- Lead the design of the end-to-end experience for the Asana projects experience across web and mobile.
- Partner with cross functional partners to identify customer problems, set strategy, establish vision, ship products, and gather insights
- Help increase the quality bar of our experience and contribute to our design system
- Work across the organization to ship an experience that is cohesive with the broader Asana product experience, ensuring your design scales with
- Mentor designers who are newer in their career or developing new skills
- Be a champion for product excellence
- 5 or more years relevant design experience at a high tech, product-driven company
- A strong portfolio that showcases a track record of shipping high-quality visual and interaction design work
- Experience in driving a user-centered design process and working collaboratively to ship end-to-end features at scale
- Experience designing and shipping mobile applications across iOS and Android
- Creative problem-solver who can iterate with low-fidelity sketches of workflows and translate those into beautiful high-fidelity designs using Sketch and Figma
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.