Head of DataSan Francisco
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly. Our Data organization builds and partners with business and product to improve our decision making at all levels of the company. In product, data scientists are core members of teams that build Asana’s products, and are involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. In the business org, data scientists are embedded in marketing, sales, customer success, and business operations. They steer their partner teams towards growth and efficiency through strategic analysis and measurement systems. All these teams rely on tools and dashboards built on systems owned by our data engineering and infrastructure teams.
Asana is looking for an experienced leader to join us as our Head of Data. As the leader of the data organization, you’ll be responsible for setting the vision of data at Asana, and scaling and supporting the Data team as they enable decision-making and product building. In this role you will partner closely with other leaders to define and expand Asana’s product and business strategy and then deliver against it. In setting a vision for the organization, you will develop a culture of excellence, grow leaders, and inspire innovation.
Our Data organization is spread across San Francisco, New York City, and Vancouver. The Head of Data will manage senior data leaders who manage product data science, business data science, and data infrastructure and engineering.
What you’ll achieve
- Articulate, evangelize and pursue a long-term vision for Data at Asana, and foster a data-driven culture of innovation throughout the company.
- Collaborate with product and business leadership in defining our strategy to deliver value to our customers, and up-level how data enables setting and executing on that strategy.
- Inspire the data organization to innovate on solving customer problems, and help accelerate the use of data and AI/ML in the product and our tooling.
- Foster a culture of excellence across data teams, ensuring both quality and velocity.
- Coach and mentor leaders within the data organization and cross-functionally to grow and take on bigger responsibilities as the company scales.
- Ensure that the company’s data foundation is scalable, performant, and secure, and can scale with the company’s needs.
- Serve as a role model for the company in representing Asana’s values.
- Always Be Recruiting - attract the best leaders, data scientists and engineers in the world, grow our diverse team, and help it thrive by allowing everyone to bring their unique strengths to bear on the problems we solve.
- Successful track record of leading an impactful data organization that enabled a category-winning product and business
- Ability to develop senior technical leaders, who are responsible for guiding large teams of data scientists, engineers, managers and other leaders
- Role model of cross-functional collaboration and customer orientation, and of leveraging those skills to achieve great results in the presence of ambiguity
- Experience nurturing a work environment that allows everyone to bring their whole selves to work, and values diversity and inclusion, because that is where we know teams perform at their best
- Highly empathetic, collaborative, no-ego approach to leadership
- Experience building SaaS products is desirable
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.