Software Engineer, Product - Returnship ProgramVancouver, BC
The Return to Work program at Asana is an 18-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is designed to support those who have a minimum of 2.5 years of software engineering experience and have left the workforce for 2 years or longer and are looking to re-enter. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Asana we are excited to offer the Return to Work program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with others transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. At the end of the 18-week term, those who have demonstrated their abilities to succeed and have an impact at Asana will be considered for a full-time position.
About the Role and Team
We’re looking for people who care deeply about customers and are passionate about building products that improve the way millions of teams work together.
As a Returner on the team developing the software of a product-led company, you won’t just code — you will be an integral part of the entire product development process, from conception to post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be manifesting continuous improvements of their experience and helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s Product Engineering team works closely with Product and Data Science teams to develop new features for our platform. The team does full stack work on all parts of the platform, from the core of a feature to the UI displaying it. We’re looking for outstanding people anywhere to help us innovate and scale.
How You’ll Contribute
- You may work on architecting product tours with React or on transcending UI design tradeoffs; often you’ll work on both in the same day
- Participate in every step of the product development process with an open and curious team
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it
- Experience growth and development by being paired with a mentor who will support and guide you through opportunities to stretch and learn
Who You Are
- You’re passionate about creating a superlative user experience and attentive to details
- You appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- You have sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability.
- You’re a strong written and verbal communicator who can share complex technical information with various stakeholders in a clear and concise way.
- You’re excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field
- 1+ years experience designing and completing medium to large scale features independently without guidance
- Must be out of the workforce for 2 years or longer immediately prior to the start of the program
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
Does the above sound like it might be you? Then we’d love to hear from you. Our goal is to provide a hiring and working experience in which all people know they are equally respected and valued. So whatever it is that makes you unique—your gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, educational background, socioeconomic status—we value it, and we’d love to see what you might add to our team.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.