Software Engineer, CommunicationsSan Francisco
We’re looking for people who care deeply about customers and are passionate about building products that improve the way millions of teams work together.
As a member of the team developing the software of a product-led company, you won’t just code — you will be an integral part of the entire product development process, from conception to post-launch reflection. Asana is helping teams in 195 countries become significantly more productive with our leading work management platform. You will be manifesting continuous improvements of their experience and helping us achieve our mission to enable all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s Product Engineering team works closely with Product and Data Science teams to develop iterations and new features of our platform. The team does full stack work on all parts of the platform, from the core of a feature to the UI displaying it. We’re looking for outstanding people anywhere to help us innovate and scale, and we offer relocation.
What you’ll achieve
- You may work on architecting product tours with React or on transcending UI design tradeoffs; often you’ll work on both in the same day
- Participate in every step of the product development process with an open and curious team
- Develop clean, beautiful code and leave it better than you found it
- Experience growth and development by being paired with a mentor who will support and guide you through opportunities to stretch and learn
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or equivalent field
- 3+ years of experience working within large, well maintained codebases
- Excellent communication skills for collaborating with other teams
- Sound judgment when balancing moving quickly with producing quality code and long-term code maintainability
- Passionate about creating a superlative user experience and attentive to details
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.