Corporate Security EngineerSan Francisco
We are looking for a Corporate Security Engineer to grow our new Corporate Security team here at Asana. As one of the first members of the team you will be working with the Security and IT teams to prevent data loss, detect suspicious activity, and keep Asana’s data safe. In this role you will have the opportunity to build and deploy new systems, establish new processes, and drastically increase our security maturity throughout our rapidly expanding international corporate environment.
The Corporate Security team ensures that Asana’s corporate assets are secure through detection and prevention of malicious activity affecting internal Asana systems, processes and our employees. We implement systems and tools that enable the rest of Asana to perform their jobs securely.
What you’ll achieve
- Develop, deploy, and manage tools to secure and monitor our corporate assets using technology solutions such as , Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), phishing detection, prevention, and response, Data Loss Prevention (DLP), Mobile Device Management (MDM), and more.
- Define and enforce browser extension permissions.
- Configure and manage our corporate endpoint protection platform
- Perform threat, risk and vulnerability assessments to inform and develop team roadmap
- Run incident response when it affects corporate systems
- Partner with stakeholders across IT and security to secure our corporate environment.
- Review and provide Security recommendations for proposals for our Finance, People Ops and Legal systems and processes.
- 2+ years on a Security team, or a Security-focused IT or Engineering team
- Strong communication and stakeholder management and coordination skills
- Know your way around GSuite, Chrome management, and Okta
- Solid programming/scripting skills for automating your work (Bash, Python or similar)
- You’re interested in building defenses against real world attacks
- Able to balance diverse risk when making decisions
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.