Staff Software Engineer (Tech Lead), Content ExperienceSan Francisco
The Content Experience team is on a mission to improve Asana’s ability to capture foundational raw thoughts and long form content (the starting points for new initiatives or ideas) to help our users build and harness a richer work graph and retain flow by avoiding context switching across different tools. We are developing a platform for authoring rich content easily across all of Asana, allowing effortless capture of unstructured thoughts and their easy conversion to structured execution tracking, while collaborating in real time with other users. This platform will also bring more composition aids like inline images, videos and third party embeds to Asana. We are looking for an experienced technical leader for the Content Experience team to bring this platform to life.
Creating content is a primary use case of any and every Asana user. Any product feature in Asana that allows a user to create and edit content will be based on the new content editing platform. This platform will enable Asana to serve more types of users by bringing innovative product offerings to market quickly.
As a tech lead on this team you will be responsible for the technical strategy and quality of the team’s delivery. You will also create alignment with technical stakeholders across the organization as this team’s work has a far reaching impact across the product. To ensure successful delivery, you will be working cross functionally with your Engineering Manager, PM and Designer to develop the roadmap for the team. As the tech lead of the team, you will also be mentoring team members in technical design and project leadership, and will also be responsible for running team processes.
What you’ll achieve
- Own technical design and project execution for the team, delegating this work to other engineers on the team when appropriate
- Mentor engineers on the team through activities like pairing and code reviews to promote a culture of technical excellence
- Make hands-on engineering contributions to Asana’s core product with a focus on overcoming tricky technical challenges and modeling practices that improve quality and velocity
- Partner with Product Management, Design, and Engineering Management to define the team’s upcoming projects and long-term strategy
- Collaborate with other leads across Asana to steward a coordinated technical strategy
- 8+ years of experience working in large codebases
- 2+ years of experience leading a complex project end-to-end, or in a tech lead or team lead role
- Experience leading team-wide projects from planning to successful execution
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders and PM/Design partners to define requirements, make tradeoffs, and align on long-term plans
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring engineers of all experience levels
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.