Head of Employee ExperienceSan Francisco
We are looking for a Head of Employee Experience who will play both a strategic and hands on role and will have a significant impact on our growing global business. We believe culture is a living thing, and we build it similarly to the way we build our product - through intentional design, implementation, measurement, and iteration. We believe that all Asanas co-create our culture and we want it to continue to scale with us as we grow. As the Head of Employee Experience, you will build relationships with our global employees (aka Asanas) and design and lead initiatives that keep Asanas connected, engaged, and informed. You should be passionate about delivering meaningful employee experience programs and invested in gathering ongoing stakeholder feedback. You deeply understand the connection between culture and business outcomes and will co-create with leadership, the People team, and cross functional program leads to build an employee experience that reflects Asana’s value and contributes to our long term success. This role will be a part of the People Team reporting to the Head of Employee Communications and Experience.
What you'll do:
- Lead the strategic development and execution of employee experience and engagement programs with an aim to build internal understanding of Asana’s business strategy, customers, culture, and values
- You will design strategies to scale our Employee Experience as we grow in size and global footprint - constantly striving to ‘make the big small’ - this might mean scaling existing programs or designing new ones.
- Ensure that our Global Events and Employee Engagement programs have strong connective tissue rooted in our values, understanding of our business, and empathy for our customers.
- Provide strategic leadership for the cross functional team responsible for designing and executing our return to office strategy. This includes both getting executive buy-in and supporting the team in building programming that supports the transition, celebrates the reunion, and continues to support our Asanas as they navigate work post-pandemic
- Partner with the larger ECE team to pull through key topline messages, infuse customer empathy, deepen Asanas understanding of the business and product, and rollout engagement activities across the employee experience, including and especially for our marquee programs such as Annual Kickoff, major Marketing moments, and Leadership Firesides/Q&As.
- Partner with Employee Communications as well as program leads across the People Team to amplify, internally market, and increase engagement in our core people programs.
- Help map and architect the end to end Employee Experience, from pre-boarding to alumni, identifying key opportunity areas to address engagement ‘hot spots’ and designing or connecting experiences to improve them. You’ll work collaboratively across multiple teams across the business to do this including, Onboarding, D&I, Workplace, Employer Brand, Talent Management, and People Partners.
- Design a strategy and develop innovative recognition programs that reflect our values and supplement core people programs
- Establish and track metrics that help correlate employee experience programs to employee engagement.
- Manage and grow two direct reports
What You Will Bring:
- 10+ years of progressive experience in Employee Experience, Engagement, Communications, or Employer Brand
- Demonstrated experience articulating a vision, translating it into an executable strategy, and driving cross-functional teams to deliver against the plan
- Proven track record of facilitating organization-wide initiatives with multiple senior level stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills exhibited at all levels within an organization
- Proven track record in successfully building and maintaining employee programs that drive employee satisfaction, connectivity, and engagement
- Experience using data to drive decision making
- Expertise in project management and change management
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Passionate about building an inclusive culture
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- Ability to communicate effectively and establish credibility with stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.