Senior Software Engineer, Content ExperienceSan FranciscoApply now
Asana is great for tracking the execution of work. But, the structure of projects and tasks doesn’t work well for capturing the foundational raw thoughts that are starting points for new initiatives or ideas. This compels Asana users to use other products, limiting the richness of Asana’s work graph and affecting the user’s flow through context switching across tools. The Content Experience team has embarked on transforming Asana to allow effortless capture of unstructured thoughts and their easy conversion to structured execution tracking.
Creating content is a primary use case of any and every Asana user. We are developing a platform for authoring rich content easily across all of Asana while collaborating in real time with other users. This platform will also bring more composition aids like inline images, videos and third party embeds to Asana. Any product feature in Asana that allows a user to create and edit content will be based on this platform.
What you will achieve
- Participate in every step of the product development process with an open and curious team to shape new features for the content editing platform
- Develop clean, maintainable code and leave it better than you found it as you make enhancements and fix issues in the content editing platform
- Build expertise in one or more core areas of the content editing platform and will provide active assistance through pairing and code reviews when your teammates need help in your area of expertise.
- Aided by a dedicated mentor and Asana’s mobile teams, you will become the team’s in-house mobile development expert, collaborating with Asana’s mobile engineering teams, when required, to extend our mobile editor to support new features.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent field
- Familiarity with a modern frontend framework like React or AngularJS
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Love acquiring mastery over new technologies and are willing to learn mobile development for part time contributions to the mobile app codebase.
- Passionate about creating a superlative user experience and attentive to details
- Appreciate productivity and care deeply about helping teams collaborate more effectively and efficiently, including your own
- Excited to be a part of an inclusive culture where everyone brings their whole selves to work
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.