Engineering Manager, AutomationSan FranciscoApply now
We're excited to hire an empathetic and strategic engineering Manager to lead Asana's Automation product engineering team. The mission of the Automation team is to improve the efficiency and quality of how work gets done by eliminating unnecessary manual steps. We want to streamline customers' processes so all team members — team leads, individual contributors, and visionaries — be confident that their processes are working successfully and saving time. In the 1.5 years that Automation has been live for customers, we have saved more than a cumulative 7.5 years of time back for customers, and we are just beginning!
The Automation is a full-stack product engineering team. We have an industry leading Automation builder UI and discovery gallery, backend business logic to handle things like date complexity, and vast implications on remote jobs stability. We are looking for an engineering Manager that is excited to learn and build in all layers of the technology stack.
This role will partner with cross-functional leaders (PM, Design, User Experience Research) to co-create a longer term vision for the product. The Automation team will also partner closely with the Workflow Experience team to develop a cohesive strategy for customers that want to create and iterate on their team's processes.
What You'll Achieve
- Manage a team of 4-6 full-stack web product engineers
- Partner with the team's product managers, designers, and other engineers to choose an impactful and achievable roadmap
- Work with our data scientists and user researchers to develop a deep understanding of our customers and their challenges
- Coach and mentor the team's engineers for individual impact, balance, growth, and leadership
- Thoughtfully craft the team's responsibilities, goals, and processes to achieve clarity and sustainable delivery across all functions
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to help make Asana's workplace more balanced, performant, inclusive, and in-line with our values.
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience, with 1+ years of experience managing a technical team
- You have experience working cross-functionally with product management, design, and infrastructure teams
- You are kind and intellectually mature
- You are willing and able to dive into code yourself
- You are focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your organization as a whole
- You are equipped with the engineering skills, empathy, and integrity needed to evaluate and guide the career paths of technically-astute engineers
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.