Engineering Manager, First ExperienceSan Francisco
We're looking for a thoughtful and strategic engineering manager to lead Asana's First Experience product engineering team. The mission of the First Experience team is to guide Asana users through their very first interactions with the product. During these visits, customers need to see and understand the power of Asana, and configure their workspace with the people, projects, and context needed to keep work moving forward. Our analysis has found that these early user experiences in Asana have a crucial effect on customers' long-term success using the tool, and investing in these parts of the product is crucial to Asana's success as an organization.
Previous First Experience projects include a complete overhaul of the onboarding wizard, our user-guiding "Coachmarks" system, and redesigns of our features' starting states, among many others. As Asana continues to expand, this team will continue to play a crucial role in customizing the experiences of a growing diversity of customer segments, as well as increasingly powerful Asana features.
This team partners closely with other Land Area engineering teams to create a cohesive and compelling user journey through their first month of using Asana. The team's product engineering work pulls from excellent technical fundamentals, as well as close partnerships with team members working in User Research, Data Science, Product management, and Design. It also develops strong relationships with Asana business functions such as Marketing to maintain strategic alignment and focus.
What You'll Achieve
- Manage a team of 7-8 full-stack web product engineers
- Partner with the team's product managers, designers, and other engineers to choose an impactful and achievable roadmap
- Work with our data scientists and user researchers to develop a deep understanding of our customers and their challenges
- Coach and mentor the team's engineers for individual impact, balance, growth, and leadership
- Thoughtfully craft the team's responsibilities, goals, and processes to achieve clarity and sustainable delivery across all functions
- Collaborate with engineering leaders across the organization to help make Asana's workplace more balanced, performant, inclusive, and in-line with our values.
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience, with 1+ years of experience managing a technical team
- You have experience working cross-functionally with product management, design, and infrastructure teams
- You are kind and intellectually mature
- You are willing and able to dive into code yourself
- You are focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and your organization as a whole
- You are equipped with the engineering skills, empathy, and integrity needed to evaluate and guide the career paths of technically-astute engineers
- You are comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.