Engineering Manager, Application Data LoadingSan Francisco
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others contribute more and grow not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
This team builds the internal frameworks powering all data loading in the Asana web application. The team enables Asana engineers to move fast by collaborating with both product teams on how to design new features, and also infrastructure teams to ensure the scalability and performance of Asana. We combine the best ideas from other web technologies with our internal graph server, taking into account Asana’s scale and unique product needs.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 6-8 engineers that builds our internal data loading APIs, including the program and technical leads.
- Ensure the team has high trust and high bandwidth communication with a wide array of other internal teams.
- Lead the team to identify ways in which our framework could more safely and efficiently enable new classes of feature and improve engineer velocity.
- Make sure we are establishing maintainable patterns for feature development.
- Help the team balance between long term transformational investments and addressing acute pains.
- Recruit for and grow the Data Loading team and wider Infrastructure group.
- Define how the team evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Guide the articulation and execution of the roadmap of Asana’s infrastructure to support web and mobile clients
- 2+ years of engineering management experience, ideally with a team working on frameworks, APIs, or data loading.
- The rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity and technical skills that allow you to rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Enthusiasm partnering with stakeholders across the engineering organization to drive solutions
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
- Ability to help evaluate and frame complex technical decisions
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.