Business Intelligence DeveloperSan Francisco
The Business Intelligence team at Asana creates analytical solutions that allow our business partners to turn data into actionable items. We’re looking for a teammate passionate about how our business operates, from finance to sales, marketing, recruiting and customer support. You will develop a deep understanding of our most important business processes, including our monetization model, marketing automation, how the marketing and sales team operate together, and financial metrics reporting.
We are looking for someone with a unique mix of technical and strategic skills who can understand our business and what is important, and also proactively develop and maintain tools, automation, and analytics to help us achieve our ambitious goals.
What You’ll Achieve
- Deploy and maintain the tools and integrations that Asana business decision makers use day to day. Automate key parts of reporting processes
- Work with the team to build datasets that allow deep insight into business processes and opportunities
- Empower Asana business teams to unlock actionable insights through data analysis, investigation, and visualization
- Support and maintain data that drives our business model and growth projections
- Work cross-functionally with different teams and on different projects as required, and with other Enterprise Technology teammates to support shared systems, data and infrastructure
- Education and/or experience in Engineering, Computer Science, Finance, Math, Economics, Statistics, or a similar quantitative field
- At least 4 years experience in a Business Intelligence, BI Developer, Data Engineer, or equivalent role handling large volumes of data and building scalable systems
- Strong SQL skills, with the ability to write complex SQL, doing cohort analysis, comparative analysis, etc. Strong data modeling skills
- Fluency in one of the following languages used for data processing: R, Python, Scala, Go, Matlab, Octave, or Julia. Python is preferred
- Advanced data visualization skills using business intelligence solutions in Tableau, Looker, or SiSense (Periscope). Tableau is preferred
- Experience working directly with business users to build reports, dashboards and solving business questions with data
- In-depth understanding of database management systems and advantages & disadvantages of different types of systems (OLAP, OLTP, etc.)
- Experience with data warehousing technologies preferably Redshift and Snowflake
- Listening/communication skills and a sense of empathy towards colleagues in different functions
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic team - can define your own priorities, requirements and goals from company context
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.