Engineering Manager, Deployment ToolingSan Francisco
At Asana, we look for engineering leaders who are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
We are hiring an Engineering Manager for the Deployment Velocity & Reliability (DVR) team. The DVR team’s work enables all Asana engineers to deploy code frequently and reliably across our entire engineering organization. This work impacts our millions of Asana users to ensure their experience is reliable, fast and bug-free.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a talented team of engineers, including the technical lead, while participating as an engineer on this team
- Lead team to identify future risks to Asana’s infrastructure and proactively mitigate them
- Help ensure that the Asana application maintains high availability
- Help the team conduct post mortems and investigations for root cause of downtime and system failures
- Develop the processes and tools to ensure we maintain a high quality bar across the product even as the rate of shipping new features increases
- Help our internal tooling scale and become more robust to support a growing engineering team
- Recruit for and grow the infrastructure team
- Define how the team evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Prior experience building and operating web applications
- 1+ year of tech lead and/or engineering management experience
- The rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity and technical skills that allow you to rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
Asana enables millions of teams around the world to achieve their goals together, from small projects to strategic initiatives. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace by Fortune, Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Built In for our inclusive culture that drives business results. After spending more than two years physically distanced, we're safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, adding more flexibility to our office-centric hybrid culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.