Engineering Manager, Deployment Velocity & ReliabilitySan Francisco
At Asana, we look for engineering leaders who are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
We are hiring an Engineering Manager for the Deployment Velocity & Reliability (DVR) team. The DVR team’s work enables all Asana engineers to deploy code frequently and reliably across our entire engineering organization. This work impacts our millions of Asana users to ensure their experience is reliable, fast and bug-free.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a talented team of engineers, including the technical lead, while participating as an engineer on this team
- Lead team to identify future risks to Asana’s infrastructure and proactively mitigate them
- Help ensure that the Asana application maintains high availability
- Help the team conduct post mortems and investigations for root cause of downtime and system failures
- Develop the processes and tools to ensure we maintain a high quality bar across the product even as the rate of shipping new features increases
- Help our internal tooling scale and become more robust to support a growing engineering team
- Recruit for and grow the infrastructure team
- Define how the team evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Prior experience building and operating web applications
- 1+ year of tech lead and/or engineering management experience
- The rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity and technical skills that allow you to rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world, from small businesses to large enterprises, rely on Asana to manage everything from company objectives to digital transformation to product launches and marketing campaigns. For the past 5 years, we've been named a top workplace, including top 10 Great Place to Work Best Small & Medium Workplaces, #1 Fortune Best Workplace in the Bay Area for four years in a row, #8 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, #14 Glassdoor Best Place to Work, and one of Ireland's Best Workplaces. After spending more than a year physically distanced, we are safely and mindfully returning our global teams to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With offices all over the world, we are always looking for curious, collaborative, and mission-driven people to help us enable the world’s teams to work together effortlessly.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.