Engineering Manager, InfrastructureSan Francisco
We are looking for someone who is passionate about helping others contribute more and develop not just as engineers, but also as human beings. As an engineering manager, you will focus on developing the team around you. You are as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about challenging technical problems that your team will solve.
The Infrastructure team builds the foundation we need to support our web and mobile applications, and API. We build and operate the software that enables Asana’s security, scalability, and speed. Each day, we combine industry best-practices and innovation to support our product-focused company. The stability team owns the overall uptime of Asana’s infrastructure and the majority of the storage layer. The team is responsible for eliminating single points of failure and making improvements across our tech stack to reduce product downtime.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage the critical stability infrastructure program with 4-7 engineers, including the program and technical leads, while participating as an engineer on this team
- Lead team to identify future risks to Asana’s infrastructure and proactively mitigate them
- Help ensure that Asana’s infrastructure maintains high availability
- Help the team conduct post mortems and investigations for root cause of downtime and system failures
- Help eliminate single points of failure, for example, in our core data store layer (Redis, MySQL, Elasticsearch)
- Design and implement changes for scalability
- Recruit for and grow the infrastructure team
- Define how the team evolves and interacts with the rest of Asana
- Guide the articulation and execution of the roadmap of Asana’s infrastructure to support web and mobile clients
- Prior experience building and operating distributed systems
- 1+ year of engineering management experience
- The rare mix of intelligence, charisma, integrity and technical skills that allow you to rapidly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Focus on maximizing impact, for yourself and your team
- Ability to provide valuable input to any technical or product discussion
- Oriented around the multi-year consequences of your decisions
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.