Account Executive, EnterpriseTokyo
Asana has emerged as the leader in the work management category. Launched commercially in 2012, our success is linked to our culture, employees, and commitment to our mission: to help humanity thrive by enabling all teams to work together effortlessly.
Asana’s unique business model and disciplined sales approach enables us to build a user-driven marketing and sales engine that can scale quickly and effectively. We have experience at the forefront of bottom-up enterprise software sales, helping customers scale from initial adoption to large, high-impact deployments.
We are looking for an Account Executive to join our Tokyo team who is driven, hard-working, and adaptable. This role will be instrumental in powering the Asana revenue engine through innovation & energy, consistently scaling our business and maximizing value for our customers. You'll join a talented team focused on helping our future customers understand and leverage the power of Asana.
What You’ll Achieve:
- Hunt and close new business opportunities within your book of business
- Help Enterprise organizations become more productive & collaborative by driving change through work management
- Work closely with SDRs, Field Marketing, and CS to coordinate in-person interactions with customers to develop champions
- Develop and leverage customer relationships to expand usage within new teams and departments
- Develop a quarterly plan to define the strategy for maximizing revenue in your territory
- Prove out top-down selling motions & methodologies
- Experiment with new processes that scale across Asana globally
- Native Japanese speaker with business level fluency in English
- 6+ years experience as an account executive in enterprise software
- 2+ selling in the Enterprise segment
- Selling and supporting SaaS business models
- Impeccable customer skills: communication, empathy, integrity
- The instincts to recognize organizational, financial and behavioral structures and obstacles
- Experience working with internal marketing, business, and product teams to find efficient paths to successful and profitable customers
- Demonstrable experience developing territories
- The continued use of a repeatable sales process - MEDDIC, Challenger, etc.
- Creation of and adherence to account plans
- Ability to land net new customers in a competitive market
- Good person!
- Salesforce proficiency
- Experience during the scaling of a software or SaaS sales organization
- Global Account Management (GAM) experience
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.