Engineering Manager, ProductVancouver, BC
As a manager on the product engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that users love. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers and PMs to continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception (be it at a hackathon or during Roadmap Week ) to post-launch reflection. And we have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 4-8 engineers on the web product engineering team
- Ensure a great, reliable experience for Asana users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iterations
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- Experienced in managing a technical team
- Kind and intellectually mature
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Excited to partner with design and product management on both large new features and daily, small product enhancements
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. Millions of teams around the world rely on Asana to achieve their most important goals, faster. Asana has been named a Top 10 Best Workplace for 5 years in a row, is Fortune's #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area, and one of Glassdoor’s and Inc.’s Best Places to Work. After spending more than a year physically distanced, Team Asana is safely and mindfully returning to in-person collaboration, incorporating flexibility that adds hybrid elements to our office-centric culture. With 11+ offices all over the world, we are always looking for individuals who care about building technology that drives positive change in the world and a culture where everyone feels that they belong.
We believe in supporting people to do their best work and thrive, and building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive company is core to our mission. Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected and valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, and veteran status.