Engineering Manager, ProductSan Francisco応募する
At Asana, we’re building collaboration and communication software to help every team in the world work together effortlessly and do great things together. Our product engineering team works closely with designers and PMs to continuously improve the Asana experience for all our customers. We’re involved in the entire product process, from conception to post-launch reflection. And we have deep empathy for both our coworkers and our users, to understand how we can work better together to help others work better together.
As a manager on the product engineering team, you’ll focus on developing the excellent engineering team around you. You are passionate about helping others contribute more and develop as software engineers as well as human beings. You enjoy the challenge of balancing speed of execution with quality while building a product that users love. And you should be as enthusiastic about recruiting and building a team as you are about the challenging technical problems that you and your team will solve.
What you’ll achieve
- Manage a team of 5-8 engineers on the web product engineering team
- Ensure a world-class experience for Asana users around the globe while simultaneously enabling a rapid pace of development and iterations
- Partner with design and product management on both large new features and small product enhancements
- Work and learn alongside great peer managers with a strong sense of team
- Coach engineers in their technical and professional development
- Master the arts of delegation and scaling yourself aided by our strong team and things like Asana’s Areas of responsibility (“AOR”) system
- Work closely with recruiting and other engineering managers to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences and events, and onboarding new employees
- 5+ years of relevant experience, with 2+ years experience managing a technical team
- Experience working cross-functionally with product management, design, and infrastructure teams
- Willing and able to dive into the code yourself
- Focused on maximizing impact for yourself, your team, and Asana as a whole
- Equipped with the intelligence, empathy, integrity, and technical chops required to quickly earn the trust of a technically astute team
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done—and then doing it
At Asana, you’ll do meaningful, purpose-driven work. We’re not just building a product that helps people be more productive—we’re helping teams and organizations reach their goals together. For the past six years, we've been recognized as an award-winning workplace by Fortune and Great Place to Work, Fast Company, Glassdoor, and Inc. Magazine. Our inclusive culture is intentionally built to enable our teams to be creative and make an impact. With offices all over the world, we’re excited to get back to in-person collaboration along with a hybrid schedule for balance and flexibility in life and work. We’re looking for passionate individuals to join us on our journey. Come do great things with us.