- Skip Ahead to
- Reporting overview
- Dashboard interactions
- Sharing Dashboards
- Admin Settings to disable
Universal Reporting is available to users on a Premium Plan and allows you to consume and translate data in a visual, easily digestible format. With Universal Reporting, aligning your teams around clear objectives and prioritizing the right work is easy, as well as getting an accurate picture of what is happening in your team. Individuals across every level of your organization can combine charts in Dashboard views to get a quick overview of the metrics they care about most.
To access the Reporting feature, scroll down on your sidebar and click on Reporting
Once you click on Reporting, you will be brought to a Dashboard hub where you can view:
- Any Dashboards you have created
- Any Dashboard that has been shared with you (view-only)
- You can also favorite Dashboards for easy access
- You can also click Add Dashboard to create a new Dashboard
- And rename or delete Dashboards from this view
To add a chart to a new or existing Dashboard click on Add chart
- You can choose a preset chart option from the template library or choose to make your own by clicking on Add custom chart
- Here, you can select the work you'd like to report on
Creating a chart on tasks
Once you click on Add chart, select Report on tasks.
You can include tasks from:
- An Organization
- Projects owned by a specific person(s)
- An Ad-hoc selection of projects
Creating a chart on projects
Creating charts on projects will allow you to understand, track, and compare important data across projects, Portfolios, and teams.
To create charts on project metadata select Report on Projects.
Click Add chart and select the project you would like to report on. You can include projects from:
- An Organization
- Project Owners
- Specific projects
You can measure either by project count or numeric Custom Field.
Group by project count when you want to compare numeric Custom Field values.
Once you have selected the project you want to report on, you can create or customize your chart.
To customize your chart:
- Go to Chart style and click on the drop-down menu
- Here, you can select the color of your chart
- You can also select a new chart type
- Click Save to save any changes you have made
You can customize the X Axis Groupings by:
- Custome Field
- Task type
- Task status
- Time period
You can only group global Custom Fields, which are Custom Fields that are shared across projects.
You can customize the Y Axis Groupings by:
- Task count
- Time to complete. This will allow you to measure how long it takes for a task to be completed after creation.
- The sum or the average of any global numeric Custom Field. For example, a global field to track hours.
Donut Charts cannot use average as their measure, as the numbers need to be parts of a whole.
You can also use filters to customize your charts. You can filter by:
- Custom Field
- Subtask: choose if you want to exclude or only see subtasks in your chart
- Date: this can be Creation, Completion, or Due date
- Exclude tasks from Portfolios, Projects owned by, or Specific projects
- Task completion status
- Task status
From chart customizations, you can click on:
- Cancel to exit the chart creation mode
- Create to save this chart to your Dashboard
See this article to learn more about the types of charts and potential use cases for each.
To reorder or delete a chart on your project Dashboard:
- Hover over the Dashboard and click the three dot icon to delete it
- Click and drag the charts to reorder
You can also click on any segment of the charts you have access to, to view any underlying data.
By default all Dashboards are private to the owner of the Dashboard.
To change the privacy setting on your Dashboard:
- Click the share button on top of the Dashboard page
- You can then select to share this Dashboard with members of your team
When collaborators view a shared Dashboard, they have Read Only access. Charts will appear the same to anyone who views the Dashboards and reflect the permissions of the Dashboard creator.
When clicking into a chart segment, any collaborators will only see the underlying data that they have access to.
Admin Settings to disable
Admins can turn off Universal Reporting at the domain level in the Admin Console. If Universal Reporting is turned off, users will not see the Reporting tab.
If you do not see the Reporting tab and think this is a mistake, contact your Admin to talk about enabling it.