Chapter 3: Creating an organized editorial project
Creating template tasks for your content can speed up the scheduling process and ensure you won’t miss any important steps. We’ll show you how to build template tasks for each type of content you manage.
Now, you are going to build your template tasks for each type of content your team creates. You’ll follow the same steps we showed you in the video for each type including:
- Create a task with a name that indicates it is a template and which type of content it is for
- Edit the task description to include placeholders for information to capture and instructions for your team
- Create a subtask for each step in the creation process for this type of content
- Assign the subtasks that are done by the same teammate each time (leave the others blank)
- Mark subtasks as dependent upon another task to show dependencies between steps
- Attach any files or @-mention other tasks for reference
- Repeat these steps for each additional type of content
Answer this short quiz to continue to the next chapter:
Way to go!