Learn about Asana Premium features
- Skip Ahead to
- Asana Premium Features
- Benefits of Premium
- Considering Asana Premium?
- How to upgrade to Premium
Tracking your work in Asana gives you more clarity and accountability so you can get great results. And to get the best results, you need the power of Asana Premium (we know we couldn’t run Asana without it!)
Asana Premium features*
With Asana Premium you’ll get:
- More members—Purchase a plan for your whole team, department, or company. You can also invite guests so vendors, contractors, and other contributors can work with you too.
- Privacy settings—Have the option to make projects and teams private or public, to protect sensitive work, or make it public to your entire organization.
- Reporting—With Advanced Search, you can find information in Asana based on specific criteria, and save reports to your sidebar for easy access.
- Custom fields—Create drop-down, number, or text custom fields in projects and Portfolios to capture information uniformly, track the status, and to sort and filter information (like spreadsheet columns.) You can also get notifications when custom fields are changed.
- Admin controls—Designate an administrator to manage users and teams and configure Google SSO for their organization.†
- Task dependencies—Mark a task as waiting on another to help keep complex projects on track and ensure the right work is getting done at the right time.
- Start dates—Start dates show when you should begin your work to hit your deadlines without the last-minute scramble.
- Timeline—A Gantt-style view of how each piece of your project fits together that helps you start projects on the right foot and hit your deadlines.
- Asana-created templates—Use our pre-made templates to quickly add new workflows to Asana, based on our best practices. You can further customize the templates to match your workflow as needed.
- Custom templates—Standardize common workflows by creating custom project templates that anyone can use.
- Comment-only projects—Prevent accidental changes to your projects or templates and allow certain project members to make only task comments, while still giving them access to information in the project.
- CSV importer—Move your project plans from spreadsheets into Asana. You’ll see your rows and columns become trackable, actionable tasks with assignees and due dates in a project. Premium users can also map start dates and custom fields.
- Customer Success resources—Get onboarding resources, recorded trainings, access to our customer community, and learning materials from our Customer Success team to make sure your team is successful using Asana.†
- Priority support—When you have a question for our team, or need troubleshooting tips, you can skip the line and get the help you need.
*All Asana Premium features are also included for Asana Business and Enterprise Organizations.
†Available only to Premium Organizations (not Premium teams).
What are the benefits of Asana Premium?
Reporting and insights
Using Advanced Search, you can save custom reports that help you track priorities, approvals, and more to make sure nothing is at risk.
Track work your way
Custom fields give teams the power to track anything in Asana—not just tasks and projects. With custom fields, teams can track values like priority level, order quantity, account status and more. You can use the same custom fields across all of your Asana projects for even more granular reporting—and best of all, you can ditch the spreadsheets. With custom fields notifications you can stay updated on work as it moves forward and be aware when work is ready for approval or feedback.
With Timeline, you can also harness the power of other Premium features to plan a project from start to finish, before work even starts. Visualize dependencies so you know how work is connected and where conflicts could exist. With start and due dates on Timeline, you can see the duration of each task to ensure there’s enough time to complete it and deadlines are clear. As you need to shift work and deadlines, Timeline helps keep your plan and team on track.
Project templates & importing
Use Asana-created templates or make your own custom templates to standardize your team’s common workflows. You’ll save time on project setup and follow the same steps without missing anything. You can also try our CSV importer to easily create common projects for any team in just a few clicks.
Everyone’s on the same page
With everybody in Asana, teams know what everyone is doing, when they need to do it by, and where work stands. The more of your team that uses Asana, the more connected your work is—and the less time you spend sitting in update meetings, searching through emails, or wondering how your work contributes to a goal.
Balance transparency and privacy
Private projects and teams
Overall, Asana is about making work transparent so there’s accountability and clarity. You can make work public to your entire organization so it’s easy for everybody to discover. But for more sensitive work, Premium customers can adjust privacy settings to make sure that teams and projects are only accessible to those that need it. This is ideal for sensitive legal or financial information, performance reviews, or one-on-one meetings.
Keep data safe
The more information you put in Asana, the more you also need to be sure that the information is secure and your IT team has control over the data. As teammates come and go, you can control their access, or if there’s a security breach, the admin can force a password reset to keep your information in Asana safe.
Get the most out of Asana
Customer Success Program
As you get your team on board, our Customer Success team will provide you with trainings, webinars, and extra educational resources so you don’t always have to be the expert. You will also be able to join our customer community to discuss with and learn from other Asana customers.
The more you rely on Asana for your work, the more you need to make sure it works for you. If you have a question or need troubleshooting, our helpful team will move it to the top of the list so you can get back to work ASAP.
Is my team ready?
Every organization is different, and the benefits of Asana Premium can be harnessed by teams small and large, whether they’re just starting or have used Asana for a while. Here are a few key indicators:
- If you are on a team of more than 15 people
- If you are a project manager (or manage projects as part of your job)
- If you have work that needs to be reported on
- If you regularly repeat projects or processes (templatizing work)
- If you have complex or detailed workflows
- If you work with lots of different teams across your organization
- If you work at a large company‡/sales
- If you’re putting sensitive information into Asana‡
- If you need help onboarding your team to Asana‡
‡Larger teams, entire organizations, or those looking for even more powerful Asana features and support options should consider our Enterprise offering.
How to upgrade
If you’re the one that upgrades, you’ll automatically become the admin for your team or organization, but you can always make someone else the admin later.