Learn about Asana Business features
Regardless of your time and experience with Asana, our Business plan is intended for teams looking to plan, manage, and monitor work across their entire company. It has more robust features for project managers, portfolio leads, and management to best allocate resources and understand progress towards big objectives. Check out the features and benefits of Business below.
Asana Business features*
In addition to all Asana Premium features, here’s what you get with an Asana Business plan:
- Portfolios—Organize strategic initiatives and monitor the status of all your important projects in one place.
- Workload—Asana’s resource management feature provides a single view of team bandwidth and helps you make informed staffing decisions and rebalance workloads if needed.
- Image proofing—Leave specific feedback directly on images so creatives know what needs to be done in order to complete their work.
- Onboarding and training with Customer Success—Qualified customers receive customized onboarding plans from their Customer Success Manager, plus priority support to ensure their team is successful with Asana.
- Data control—Control who can edit custom field values across all projects, so you can track all information consistently within your organization.
- Rules—Add rules to automate manual processes like triaging, assigning tasks, updating Asana fields, and more. Business customers can create custom rules and have access to more preset rule options.
Get started with a free Business trial today to start testing out features.
For entire organizations, or those looking for more security features, check out our Enterprise offering.
What are the benefits of Asana Business?
Monitor top priorities and bandwidth
Asana Business gives project managers, department heads, managers, and leaders the views they need to monitor initiatives and status updates with Portfolios and get a central view of staffing and bandwidth across projects with Workload. As work moves forward, you can use Portfolios to strategically address priorities and anything that might be off track and Workload to ensure your staffing plan will get you there.
Track work your way
Sort projects and create reports with custom fields
Custom fields give teams the power to standardize data across projects, sort by fields within projects, and create reports by field. With custom fields, teams can track things like approvals, priority, task status, and more. By locking custom fields, you can control who can edit field values to standardize data across all of your Asana projects for even more granular Advanced Search reporting—and best of all, to finally ditch those spreadsheets.
Plan, manage, and adapt projects with Timeline
With Timeline, you can see how all the tasks in a project connect before you start work. Timeline helps you visualize dependencies so you know how work is connected and where conflicts could exist. With start and due dates on Timeline, you can see the duration of each task to ensure there’s enough time to complete it and deadlines are clear. As you need to shift work and deadlines, you can make these changes right on Timeline so your plan and team stay on track. Share your Timeline with major stakeholders to show progress towards your goal.
Save time and improve your processes with project templates, forms, & importing
Use Asana-created templates or make your own custom templates to standardize your team’s common workflows. You’ll save time on project setup and follow the same steps without missing anything. You can also try our CSV importer to easily transfer your existing projects into Asana with just a few clicks. With forms, teams can standardize requests, project briefs, and more to save time and start with the details they need—then manage that work right from Asana so it stays in one place.
Have faster, clearer feedback and approvals
Proofing in Asana makes it easy for reviewers to comment directly on assets so feedback is provided in context. Each comment turns into an actionable subtask that the creator can then decide how to incorporate. Paired with our approvals workflow, this makes it even easier for teammates to know when and if their work is approved, and if not, what feedback they need to incorporate before shipping.
Balance transparency and privacy
Protect sensitive information with private projects and teams
Overall, Asana is about making work transparent so there’s accountability and clarity. But Business customers can adjust privacy settings to make sure that teams and projects are only accessible to those that need it. This is ideal for sensitive legal or financial information, performance reviews, or one-on-one meetings.
Keep data safe
The more information you put in Asana, the more you also need to be sure that the information is secure and your IT team has control over the data. As teammates come and go, you can control their access, or if there’s a security breach, the admin can force a password reset to keep your information in Asana safe.
Get the most out of Asana
Customer Success Program
As you get your team on board, our Customer Success Managers will help you design processes, onboard teams, and deploy Asana across your organization so you’re set up for success.
The more you rely on Asana for your work, the more you need to make sure it works for you. If you have a question or need troubleshooting, our helpful team will move it to the top of the list so you can get back to work ASAP.
How do I know if Business is right for us?
Every organization is different, and the benefits of Asana Business can be harnessed by teams small and large, whether they’re just starting or have used Asana for a while. Here are a few key indicators you’ll need Business:
- If you are a project manager, team lead, or department head using Asana to plan and mange work
- If you are part of a marketing or creative team
- If you have work that needs to be reported on to executives
- If you are responsible for planning and managing your team’s workload and schedule
- If you plan on using Asana company-wide* or cross-functionally
- If you need to understand how major projects are progressing towards KPI’s and objectives
*Larger teams, entire organizations, or those looking for even more powerful Asana features, security, and support options should consider our Enterprise offering.
How to upgrade
If you’re the one that upgrades, you’ll automatically become the admin for your team or organization, but you can always make someone else the admin later.