Workspace Members & Limited Access Members
- Skip Ahead to
- Invite people to your Workspace
- Convert Members and Limited Access Members
- Remove people from your Workspace
There are two types of people in a Workspace: Workspace Members and Limited Access Members. Workspace Members have full access to your Workspace, while Limited Access Members can only access to the projectsprojectsProjects are lists of tasks.Read more, taskstasksTasks are the basic unit of work in Asana. Tasks can represent any kind of work, break down work into smaller pieces, or store information.Read more, and Messages that are explicitly shared with them.
View Workspace Members and Limited Access Members
As a Workspace Member, you can use the Admin Console to:
- Invite other Members and Limited Access Members
- Cancel invitations
- Convert Members to Limited Access Members, or vice versa
- Remove Members and Limited Access Members
Access Members through the Admin Console
- Click your profile photo and select Admin Console from the dropdown menu
- Navigate to the Members tab
Here you will also see the number of Workspace Members and Limited Access Members in your Workspace at the top of the menu. Upgrade your Workspace to add more people once you reach your limit.
Invite people from the Members tab of your Admin Console
You can invite people to your Workspace from the Members tab of your Admin Console
To invite from the Admin Console:
- Navigate to the Members tab
- Click on the Invite members button
- Enter the person's email address
- You can choose a project from the drop-down menu
- Click the Send button
You can make a Workspace user a Limited Access Member by clicking the three dot icon beside their name within the Members tab of the Admin Console.
Invite people from within a project
You can also invite people from within a project.
To invite from within a project:
- Select the project you'd like to invite someone to from the sidebar or search bar
- Click into the Members icon to open a Share project window
- Invite users by adding project Members by email or name
You will be alerted when inviting someone to the project who is not yet part of your Workspace.
To cancel an invitation from the Admin Console:
- Navigate to the Members tab in the Admin Console
- From here find the user whose invitation you wish to cancel
- Click on the three dot icon
- You will see an option to Cancel invitation - click on this to cancel the invitation
The person whose invitation you cancel will still have received their invitation email, but following the link will no longer lead them to your Workspace or project. Instead, they'll see a "Sorry, you don't have access" error message.
Convert Members and Limited Access Members
You can convert any Member into a Limited Access Member to limit their access, or convert any Limited Access Member into a Member to give them access to all public Public ProjectsPublic ProjectsPublic Projects are visible to all Team and project members.Read more in your Workspace.
To convert a Member into a Limited Access Member, or vice versa:
- Navigate to the Members tab on asana Admin
- Click on the three dot icon to the right of the person's name and click Member (or Limited Access Member) to toggle between the two.
Remove Members and Limited Access Members
Remove Members or Limited Access Members from your Workspace if you no longer want them to have access to the Workspace's projects and tasks.
To remove people from your Workspace:
- From the Members tab click on the three dot icon beside the Member's name
- Click Remove
When someone is removed from your Workspace, the taskstasksTasks are the basic unit of work in Asana. Tasks can represent any kind of work, break down work into smaller pieces, or store information.Read more, projectsprojectsProjects are lists of tasks.Read more, Messages, attachmentsattachmentsA file that is attached to a task or conversation.Read more and commentscommentsComment on a task or conversation to offer help, answer questions, and help move work forward.Read more the person created will remain intact, but their previously assigned tasks will now be left unassigned.
To ensure no tasks go unaccounted for, it is a good idea to go into the person's My Tasks and reassignreassignThe person responsible for the task or subtask. Asana allows one assignee per task or subtask.Read more their tasks before removing them.