- Skip Ahead to
- Recommended Views
Asana provides a variety of ways of how you sort and filter your list of tasks. Some people like to set the order manually, while others want tasks to be automatically sorted by a characteristic like due datedue date The date that a task or subtask is due. Read more or assigneeassignee The person responsible for the task or subtask. Asana allows one assignee per task or subtask. Read more .
Reorder tasks in a project
Drag and drop tasks
Hover over the task’s name, left click & hold the grid icon, then drag the task up or down the list
You can also use keyboard shortcuts to move tasks up or down the list. Just select a task and hold Command/Control and the up or down arrows on your keyboard.
Sort and filter your tasks
We’ve provided you with the most common views below, but you can customize and filter the view to get your list exactly the way you want it.
Clicking Save View for Everyone will save this project view for everyone you’re collaborating with.
There are seven predefined views that you can use to filter and sort your tasks:
- Incomplete Tasks - Filters only incompleteincomplete A task that is not marked complete. It might be on hold, used for reference, or not finished yet. Read more tasks and can be sorted manually. This is the default view for all projectsprojects Projects are lists of tasks. Read more
- Recently Completed Tasks - Filters only completed tasks and sorted by most recently completedcompleted To mark a task with a checkmark to indicate that it is done. Read more . This also has options to filter by tasks completed in various intervals over the past three weeks
- All Tasks - Shows both complete and incomplete tasks and can be sorted manually
- Tasks by Due Date - Filters only incomplete tasks and sorted by due datedue date The date that a task or subtask is due. Read more in descending order. Tasks with no due date appear at the bottom of this View
- Tasks by Assignee - Filters only incomplete tasks and sorted by assigneeassignee The person responsible for the task or subtask. Asana allows one assignee per task or subtask. Read more in alphabetical order. Tasks with no assignee appear at the bottom of this View
- Most Popular Tasks - Filters only incomplete tasks and sorted by the amount of HeartsHearts Adding a heart is an easy way to express enthusiasm for a task, offer agreement to a comment, or express gratitude for a task completion. Read more a task has in descending order
- Tasks by Custom Field - Filters tasks by the custom fields associated with the project
Choosing to sort by Completed Tasks will automatically select Completion Date from the Sort drop down, showing your tasks in order of most recently completed.
To show tasks completed within a specific timeframe, consider using Advanced Search to show lists of tasks within your chosen parameters.