- Skip Ahead to
- Save as default View
Use project Views in Asana to sort and filter your list of tasks, view tasks with due datesdue dates The date that a task or subtask is due. Read more on a Calendar, or filter for only attachmentsattachments A file that is attached to a task or conversation. Read more .
You will find viewing options for each of the following list of tasks:
- ProjectsProjects Projects are lists of tasks. Read more
- My TasksMy Tasks All tasks assigned to an individual can be found in their My Tasks list. Read more
- Search ViewsSearch Views A Search View is a list of tasks or conversations that meet the criteria a user specifies in search. Read more
Your project headerheader The header is part of the user interface between the top bar and the main pane and lets users navigate projects. Read more allows you to switch between six different Views.
- ListList Displays your tasks in a list. List view is the default view for My Tasks, projects, and search views. Read more - this is the default View and displays tasks in a list view
- Board - this View allows you to visually see your tasks column by column so you can visualize your workflow
- Timeline - this View allows you to you to piece your plan together in a Gantt chart-style format, share it with stakeholders, and hit deadlines
- CalendarCalendar Lets you see tasks with due dates on a calendar. Users can use Calendar View on My Tasks, a project, a search view, or on a whole team. Read more - this View filters only tasks with due datesdue dates The date that a task or subtask is due. Read more and displays them in a calendar format
- Progress - this View displays information about a project and its progress, including status updatesstatus updates A way to update project members on the progress of a project. Status includes a color (red, yellow, green) and short summary. Read more & a progress chartprogress chart A burnup chart that shows contrasts a project's incomplete and complete tasks over time. Read more
- Forms - this View collects the info your team needs and creates forms Read more
Click on More…to start conversations with Project Members and to view all files on the Task. All six views will appear in Projects, but only three of them (List, Calendar, and Files) will appear in your My Tasks and Search Views.
Save as default view
If there is a specific way you and your team prefer to sort tasks in a project, you can save it as the default view for everyone.
To set a default view:
- Click the three dot icon in your project toolbar
- Select Save layout as default
Once a default view has been set, you will see it every time you access that project. You can do this for List/Board, Timeline or Calendar view.
Anyone who has access to a project can set the default view.