Task Assignee & Collaborators
Every Task can only have one Assignee, while it can have many Collaborators.
Both a Task’s Assignee and Collaborator can edit the Task.
The Assignee field designates the Task Owner. Task Assignees receive reminder notificationsreminder notifications Reminder notifications are sent to a task’s assignee as the task approaches or passes its due date. Read more as the Task approaches its due date.
Each person’s set of assigned Tasks will appear in their My TasksMy Tasks All tasks assigned to an individual can be found in their My Tasks list. Read more .
Task Collaborators receive notifications when the Task is updated.
The Task Creator and Task Assignee are automatically added as Task Collaborators.
To assign a Task:
- Click the Assignee field from the right paneright pane The right pane holds the details of a task or Conversation. Read more
- Begin typing the person’s name or email address
- Select the person from the autocomplete results
Tab+Mto assign a Task to yourself.
To unassign a Task:
Go to the Assignee field and click the X icon that appears
If you’d like to create the same Task for multiple people, you can easily create copies of a Task and assign them to each individual or an entire Team in your Organization.
To assign multiple copies of a Task:
- Click the Assignee field in the right paneright pane The right pane holds the details of a task or Conversation. Read more
- Select the assign copies icon
Enter a colleague’s name or any Team in your Organization or Workspace.
After clicking the Assign Copies button, the Task will be duplicated and assigned to the various people or Teams you’ve chosen.
Assigning copies does not assign the original Task to multiple people; it creates multiple copies of the Task and assigns them to each person.
Follow a Task to stay informed on the following changes to the Task:
- New attachmentattachment A file that is attached to a task or conversation. Read more added
- New commentcomment Comment on a task or conversation to offer help, answer questions, and help move work forward. Read more posted
- Someone likes the Task
- When the Task is marked completecomplete To mark a task with a checkmark to indicate that it is done. Read more
To add a Collaborator to a Task:
Click the + button beside Collaborators to add or remove your Collaborators
The Collaborators of the Task will receive notifications in their InboxInbox My Inbox displays activity on tasks, projects, or conversations a user follows. Read more and via email, according to their settings.
If you’re getting notifications for a task that you’re not interested in, you can unfollow the Task.
To leave a Task:
Click the Leave Task button
You can also add or remove other people as Task Collaborators.
To add or remove other Collaborators on a Task:
Click the + button in the Collaborators field of the Task pane
From here, you can either:
- Remove a Collaborator by hovering over their name and clicking the X icon
- Add a Collaborator by typing their name or email and selecting them in the autocomplete results
If you @mention another person in a task’s description or comments, they will automatically be added as a Collaborator on the task.