- Skip Ahead to
- Create a Portfolio
- Portfolio View
- Project Overview
- Status Updates
- Change View
- Export to Google Sheets
- Share your Portfolio
- Temporarily Revert to Classic Dashboards
- Portfolios FAQ
Portfolios provide a holistic view of all your important projects in one place. You can organize your most important projects, monitor their health in real-time, and drill in for more information, and keep your team updated on progress. You can also access Portfolios on Android & iOS devices.
Create a Portfolio
To create a Portfolio:
- Click on Portfolios on the top left of the sidebar
- Click on the New Portfolio tile
- Name the Portfolio
- Click Create Portfolio
When you click on one of your Portfolios, you will be able to see a holistic view of all projects contained within.
From the Portfolio view, you can:
- Add another project to the Portfolio
- View the latest status of each project
- View the progress % of each project
- View or edit a project’s due date or date range
- View or edit a project’s priority
- View the custom field values for each project
- View the project owner
You can remove a project from your Portfolio at any time.
To remove a project from a Portfolio:
- Click on the three dot icon that appears next to the project owner
- Click Remove from Portfolio
Click on any project in your Portfolio to view the project’s overview.
From the project overview, you can:
- Select a project owner
- Add or edit a due date or date range
- Access the project directly to view its tasks, resources and timeline
- Add or edit a project’s priority
- View the latest status of a project or update the project’s status yourself
If a project’s status has yet to be updated, you can click on the project in your Portfolio and request an update from the project owner or compose a status update yourself.
You can also comment on an existing status directly from the project overview.
Portfolio View Options
If there is a specific way you and your team prefer to sort Portfolios, you can save it as the default view for everyone.
To change your Portfolio view:
- Click on the slider icon on the upper right of your screen
- Select to view your Portfolio by Status, Due Date, Priority or Project Owner
- Select Save View for Everyone
You can also add custom fields directly from the drop down and then sort your Portfolio by your chosen field.
Export your Portfolio to Google Sheets
Once you’ve created a Portfolio, you can export it to Google Sheets at any time.
To export a Portfolio to Google Sheets:
- Tap the three dot icon next to the Portfolio title
- Select Export to Google Sheets
Share your Portfolio
You can share Portfolios at any time with your teammates in Asana.
To share your Portfolio:
- Access a Portfolio and click Share
- Click Copy Link and then paste the link to a teammate
If you share a Portfolio containing some private projects, the person you’ve shared it with will see the following notification.
While we will be completely deprecating Dashboards on December 1st 2018, you can still access the classic Dashboard layout until that time.
To revert to classic Dashboards from Portfolios:
- Click on the three dot icon on the upper left of your Portfolios page
- Select Use Classic Dashboard