- Skip Ahead to
- Access the Divisional Admin Console
- Manage Members
- Creating a New Team in a Division
- Adding & Removing Teams in a Division
- Multiple Admins
- Billing Information
- SAML for Enterprise Divisions
Previously most Asana users had three choices when deciding to upgrade to our premium version. It was only possible to pay for either a Workspace, individual teams within an Organization or a full Organization. This offering works well for small and medium sized companies. However, for larger companies, it's not always possible to fully commit to a full Organizational plan and team plans conversely don't quite fit their needs either. With Divisional plans, it's now possible to pay for a subset of your company. You therefore have visibility and control over which individuals you're paying for and what data that includes. If you're interested in setting up a Division within your Organization please contact sales.
Access the Divisional Admin Console
To access the divisional admin console in your Organization
- Click on your profile photo
- In the drop down menu, select Admin Console
Only the Billing Owner of a Division can access the divisional admin console but they can grant admin access to another Member of a Team within the Division.
Managing all Members in a Division
From the Members tab you can:
- Remove Members from your Division by hovering over a name and clicking Remove
- Invite new Members to join a team in your Division
Create a new Team in a Division
You can create a team in a Division directly from the Admin Console at any time.
To create a new team in a Division:
- Click on Add Teams from the Teams tab in the Admin Console
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click Create New Team
From the create new team dialogue box, you can:
- Enter a team name
- Invite team Members
- Set the team to be either Hidden or Membership by Request then click the Create Team button
Managing Teams in a Division
The Billing Owner can add or remove teams from their Division at any time. They can also edit each team's settings directly from the Admin Console.
In order to add a team to your division, you must be a team Member and the team must not already be on a paid plan.
Add a team to your Division
To add a team(s) to a Division:
- Navigate to the Teams tab in the Admin Console
- Select Add Teams
From the Add teams popup:
- Select the Teams in your Organization that you would like to add to the Division
- Once you've done this, click Add teams
Remove a team from your Division
To remove a team from a Division:
- Hover over a team and click the three dot icon that appears
- Select Remove Team From Division
Export team data to CSV
Admins of a Division can export their team list to CSV through the teams tab of their Admin Console.
From your Admin Console:
- Navigate to Teams tab
- Click Export CSV
You will then receive an email message with the link to download.
You can view & assign more than one Admin in a Division. Divisional Admins can distribute their admin responsibility to other Members of the Division, and no longer need to be a part of every Team in the Division.
This feature is suitable for large Divisions as all divisional maintenance does not have to rest on one person.
To grant admin access:
- Click on the three dot icon across from the member you want to give admin rights to
- Choose option Grant admin access
Assigning Admin access from the Security tab
Here you can add an Admin and view all Division's Admins.
From the Security tab on the Admin Console:
- Navigate to Additional Settings
- Head to Admin access and click on the arrow
A pop-up window will appear allowing you to Add an admin. From here you are redirected to the Members frame where you can determine who you want to grant Admin access to.
You can only be an Admin of a Team you are a member of.
Managing Billing for a Division
From the Billing tab you can:
- View or edit your plan details
- Edit your payment information
- View or download your latest invoice
Billing Owners have complete billing maintenance access. They are able to view account information; add seats, remove seats, edit details, and the freedom to manage their self-billing invoices.
They can also change the frequency of the bills from monthly to annual and reassign the Billing Owner.
The Billing Owner is the only one who can update the plan size and payment details. Admins can add or remove Members and add/remove Teams.
How to add and reduce seats
From the Seat utilization section on the Billing page you can: see how many seats are remaining in your division, how many seats are in your plan, add more or reduce the number of seats.
Add or remove members on a credit card plan
Add or remove members on a manual plan
The Payment info on the Billing page will tell you whether you are on a manual invoice or you pay by credit card.
How to adjust self-serve divisions billing cadence
From the Billing tab you can switch to an annual plan. To adjust simply click the Switch to annual button.
How to reassign the Billing Owner
This flow allows Billing Owners to reassign their billing owner responsibility to a different user within the division. The new billing owner must be a member of the division.
From the Billing tab on the Admin Console:
- Navigate to Billing owner and click on Change billing owner
- Type in the next Billing Owner’s name or email or select one from the drop down menu
- When you have made your choice click on Change billing owner to confirm
The old Billing Owner will remain an admin of the division but will no longer be responsible for any billing items for the account.
SAML for Enterprise Divisions
SAML is a standard that allows Asana to be integrated with company-owned single sign-on systems such as Okta, OneLogin or Microsoft Active Directory. Previously, SAML was only available to our Enterprise Organizations. However if you purchase an Enterprise Division plan, SAML can now be enabled, or required for a Division within an Organization. If you do have an Enterprise Division plan and would like SAML enabled, please fill out the form here.