- Skip Ahead to
- Access the Divisional Admin Console
- Manage Members
- Creating a New Team in a Division
- Adding & Removing Teams in a Division
- Billing Information
- SAML for Enterprise Divisions
Previously most Asana users had three choices when deciding to upgrade to our premium version. It was only possible to pay for either a Workspace, individual teams within an Organization or a full Organization. This offering works well for small and medium sized companies. However, for larger companies, it’s not always possible to fully commit to a full Organizational plan and team plans conversely don’t quite fit their needs either. With Divisional plans, it’s now possible to pay for a subset of your company. You therefore have visibility and control over which individuals you’re paying for and what data that includes. If you’re interested in setting up a Division within your Organization, please contact sales.
Access the Divisional Admin Console
To access the divisional admin console in your Organization
- Click on your profile photo
- In the drop down menu, select Admin Console
Only the Billing Owner of a Division can access the divisional admin console.
Managing all Members in a Division
From the Members tab you can:
- Remove Members from your Division by hovering over a name and clicking Remove Member
- Invite new Members to join a team in your Division
Create a new Team in a Division
You can create a team in a Division directly from the Admin Console at any time.
To create a new team in a Division:
- Click on Add Teams from the Teams tab in the Admin Console
- Scroll to the bottom of the list and click Create New Team
From the create team dialogue box, you can:
- Enter a team name
- Invite team Members
- Set the team to be either Hidden or Membership by Request
Managing Teams in a Division
The Billing Owner can add or remove teams from their Division at any time. They can also edit each team’s settings directly from the Admin Console.
In order to add a team to your division, you must be a team Member and the team must not already be on a paid plan.
Add a team to your Division
To add a team(s) to a Division:
- Navigate to the Teams tab in the Admin Console
- Select Add Teams
From the Add teams popup:
- Select the Teams in your Organization that you would like to add to the Division
- Once you’ve done this, click Add teams
Remove a team from your Division
To remove a team from a Division:
- Hover over a team and click the three dot icon that appears
- Select Remove Team From Division
It’s not possible to have a team in a Division that’s public to the Organization.
Managing Billing for a Division
From the Billing tab you can:
- Contact sales if you need to adjust the size of your premium plan
- View your current Membership limit and manage your Members accordingly
SAML for Enterprise Divisions
SAML is a standard that allows Asana to be integrated with company-owned single sign-on systems such as Okta, OneLogin or Microsoft Active Directory. Previously, SAML was only available to our Enterprise Organizations. However if you purchase an Enterprise Division plan, SAML can now be enabled, or required for a Division within an Organization. If you do have an Enterprise Division plan and would like SAML enabled, please fill out the survey here.