Upgrade & billing
- Skip Ahead to
- Premium Organization vs Premium Team
- Manage Billing
- Access a premium Workspace or Organization's billing page
- Access a premium team's billing page
- Access billing via the Admin Console
- Adjust or cancel your Premium plan
- Where can I find my previous invoices?
Pricing information can be found here.
Information on Premium features can be found here.
Learn about Asana Business.
Learn about Asana Enterprise.
Or, go straight to the upgrade page.
When deciding to upgrade to a paid plan, you should identify three things.
Which space you want to upgrade:
- A WorkspaceWorkspace A Workspace is a collection of people and projects in Asana that does not require a company or custom email domain. Read more
- A TeamTeam A team is a group of people in an Organization who are working together on a collection of projects. Read more within an Organization
- An entire OrganizationOrganization Organizations connect everyone in a company using Asana based on a shared email domain. Read more
You can choose to upgrade one team if you only need one specific group to have access to paid features instead of your whole Organization, however subscriptions are non-transferable between separate Workspaces and Organizations. If you upgraded the wrong space, you need to cancel it first and then upgrade the correct Workspace/Organization again.
Your billing cycle:
Annual plans receive a discount equivalent to two months.
The number of Members you want to upgrade to:
- Upgrade a Workspace or Organization, you must upgrade for all Members in the Organization
- Upgrade a Team within the Organization, you only upgrade for the Members in the Team
Paid Organization vs Paid Team
If you are in an Organization, you need to determine whether you want to upgrade the entire Organization or just one specific Team.
If you upgrade the Organization, you are paying for every Member in the Organization; the entire Organization and all Teams inside of your Organization can leverage the paid features.
If you upgrade a specific Team, only that particular Team will be considered on a paid plan. The rest of the Organization and the other Teams will remain on the basic version of Asana with the option to upgrade as well. Contact our Sales Team if you’re interested in upgrading multiple Teams together.
Upgrade to a paid plan
To upgrade, you can either:
- Click the Orange Upgrade button on the right of the top bar
- Click your profile photo and select Upgrade from the drop down menu
This will redirect you to a page that allows you to choose which paid tier you would like to upgrade the Workspace or Organization to. You can choose between a Premium, Business or Enterprise plan. If you’re having difficulty upgrading, please get in touch with support.
Once you’ve selected you’re preferred tier, you will be brought to a page where you can choose whether to upgrade the entire Organization or a single team.
The checkmark indicates the Workspace or Organization you’d be upgrading.
On the Change Plan Details page, you can:
- Choose your type of paid plan
- Choose whether to be billed monthly or yearly
- Choose the size of your plan you wish to upgrade with the Seats dropdown
- Choose whether to upgrade the entire Organization or only one Team
All our plans are tiered. We do not currently offer single user paid plans.
When you have selected all of your options, click the Update Plan button to go to the Billing information page.
On the billing information page, you can then enter your payment details & billing address.
Once you’ve selected your plan type and entered your billing details, select Upgrade
We offer invoice payments for annual plans of 20 or more Members.
For more information, please contact our Sales Team.
During the upgrade process, you can appoint either yourself or one of your colleagues as the billing owner of your subscription.
The billing owner:
- Can update billing information
- Will automatically become the Administrator in a Premium Organization and can appoint other Administrators
- Can upgrade, downgrade, or cancel the premium plan
- Can reappoint another Member as the billing owner
- Receives a copy of the latest invoice at every billing cycle
- Can access copies of previous invoices
Access a premium Workspace or Organization’s billing page
You can access your billing page for your Workspace through your Workspace/Organization settings.
To access a premium Workspace or Organization’s billing page
- Click your profile photo in the top right corner and select [Workspace/Organization] Settings from the drop down menu
- Navigate to the Billing tab
Access a premium team’s billing page
You can access your team billing page through your team settings.
To access a premium team’s billing page
- Hover over the name of the premium team within the Organization in the sidebar.
- Click the gear icon that appears.
- Click Manage Billing.
From here, Navigate to the Billing tab
Your team’s Billing Owner can cancel your plan by clicking into your team settings and navigating to the billing tab.
Access billing via the Admin Console
The Billing Owner of a Premium Organization, who is also the Admin, can access their Billing through the Admin Console.
From the Billing tab, you can:
- Change your type of paid plan
- View your seat utilization
- Update your billing information
- Reassign Billing Ownership of the account
- Download your latest invoice
Only the current Billing Owner of an Organization will be able to update the Billing information, reassign Billing Ownership or download the latest invoice.
Downgrade back to free or change Premium plan size
To change or cancel your premium plan:
- Click your profile photo from the right of the top bartop bar The top bar appears at the very top of Asana above the header. Read more and select the desired Workspace or Organization you wish to downgrade
- After selecting your desired Workspace or Organization, click your profile photo again and select [Workspace/Organization] Settings
- From the billing tab, select Cancel Plan/Trial or Edit Plan
If you are on an annual plan and decide to cancel, it will automatically cancel on the plan’s renewal date.
Upgrading or downgrading will not result in any data loss whatsoever.
Billing Owners can access their latest invoice at any time from the Billing tab in their Workspace or Organization’s settings. Admins in Premium Organizations, who are also the Billing Owner for their plan, can access their invoice through the Billing tab of their Admin Console.
Once you access your Workspace, team or Organization’s settings:
- Navigate to the Billing tab
- Click on View Last Invoice
If you are trying to access the latest invoice for a premium team in an Organization, you need to access the Billing tab via the team’s settings.
At each billing cycle, the Billing Owner will also receive a copy of their invoice via email. Each of these emails contain a link at the bottom of the message that allows you to access all of your past invoices.
To access all of your past invoices:
Locate and open any Asana invoice email.
Click View your invoice online at the bottom of the email.
Only the Billing Owner will receive these Asana invoice emails and be able to access their previous invoices.