- Skip Ahead to
- How to create an Approval
- How to complete an Approval
- Identifying an Approval
- Some important notes on Approvals
We’d greatly appreciate any feedback you may have on Approvals.
Approvals are a new type of task in Asana that helps users quickly hear back about their request or asset that needs approval. Approvers can easily see what’s needed of them and have a clear action to take. Requesters get clear feedback on what has or has not been approved.
How to create an Approval
You can mark a task as an Approval at any time.
To mark a task as an Approval
- Click on the three dot icon from within your task pane
- Click Mark as Approval
How to complete an Approval
There are three ways to complete an Approval.
You can mark it as:
- Changes requested
Incomplete tasks are “pending” approval.
Identifying an Approval
You can mark an Approval as Approved, Request changes or Reject by clicking the square icon from your project’s list view.
Some important notes on Approvals
- Unlike Milestones, you cannot create an Approval as a core action on your List Grid View.
- Just like tasks, anyone can complete an Approval not just the Assignee. You can use Comment-only projects to ensure that only the assignee can Approve a given task.
- Subtasks can be marked as Approvals.
- If you downgrade from Asana Business, your Approval task will lose the Approval feature. Completed (Approved, Request changes or Rejected) Approvals will all look like normal completed tasks.