Premium Organization Administration
Administrators in a premium Organization can:
- Change an Organization’s name
- View a full list of Organization MembersOrganization Members People in your Oragnization that have a shared company email domain. Read more & GuestsGuests Guests are people working in your Organization who do not share your company's email domain. Read more , along with their last activity
- Deprovision Organization Members & Guests
- Export Organization Member & Guest information
- View a full list of TeamsTeams A team is a group of people in an Organization who are working together on a collection of projects. Read more , along with the ability to adjust their permission settings.
- Require authentication via Google Accounts
- Set password complexity requirements and force reset all passwords for Organization Members
- Add/remove administrator status for Organization Members
Access Organization Settings
Access your Organization’s Settings
- Click your profile photo
- In the drop down menu, select Organization SettingsOrganization Settings Organization settings are preferences set by Administrators and affect all Organization Members. Read more
As the Administrator, you will find 5 tabs in the Organization Settings panel:
From this tab, an Administrator can change the name of the Organization.
From the Members tab, an Administrator can:
- See a full list of people in the Organization
- Identify whether each person is an Organization Member or Guest
- View each person’s last activity
- Remove people from the Organization
- Export information about all Organization Members & Guests into a .CSV file
Export Members List
To export a Members list:
Select Request CSV to export your Members list as a .CSV file.
Deprovision someone from an Organization
The Administrator of an Organization can deprovision any Organization Member at any time.
If you’re an Administrator that wishes to remove someone who has left your company or revoke access so that they can no longer access your company’s projects and tasks in Asana, you can deprovision them from the Organization.
To deprovision someone from a premium Organization:
- Click your profile photo and select Organization SettingsOrganization Settings Organization settings are preferences set by Administrators and affect all Organization Members. Read more from the drop down menu
- Navigate to the Members tab
- Hover over the person’s name and select Remove
- Click Remove Access
When someone is removed from your Organization, the taskstasks Tasks are the basic unit of work in Asana. Tasks can represent any kind of work, break down work into smaller pieces, or store information. Read more , projectsprojects Projects are lists of tasks. Read more , conversationsconversations Conversations are how users communicate in Asana. Start a conversation on any project or team page. Read more , attachmentsattachments A file that is attached to a task or conversation. Read more and commentscomments Comment on a task or conversation to offer help, answer questions, and help move work forward. Read more the person created will remain intact.
You will see an undo option in case you decide against deprovisioning at the last minute.
Recovering a deprovisioned person’s assigned tasks
After you have deprovisioned someone from your Organization, a private projectprivate project Private Projects are visible to the Project Members only. Read more containing all of their previously assignedassigned The person responsible for the task or subtask. Asana allows one assignee per task or subtask. Read more tasks will be created for you. This allows you to easily find and reassign any pending tasks the deprovisioned person has left behind.
You will be assigned a task with a link to a project containing the deprovisioned person’s assigned tasks.
The Teams tab allows Administrators to view a list of all TeamsTeams A team is a group of people in an Organization who are working together on a collection of projects. Read more within the Organization and each of their permission setting.
Click Edit to access that Team’s Settings.
Organization administrators can access any Team’s Settings within the Organization, regardless if they are a Member of the Team or not.
From the Administration tab, you can:
- Change the Administrators of your Organization
- Change the authentication requirement for Organization Members. Learn more here about these options here.
Once the export of the Organization is complete, the Administrator that requested it will receive an email to download the data as a .JSON file.
The billing owner can make changes in this tab of the Organization’s Settings. As an Administrator, you can still access this page, but will not be able to make any changes to it unless you are also the billing owner.