- Skip Ahead to
- Access the Admin Console
- Manage Members
- Export Membership Data to CSV
- Export Team Data to CSV
- Manage Teams
- Team privacy settings
- Manage Billing Information
- Change or edit your plan size and tier
- Google SSO
- Organization Name & Verified Email Domains
- Domain export
- Access resources and answer product questions
- Recovering a deprovisioned person’s assigned tasks
- Disabling file attachments
The Admin Console empowers all Asana admins with the administrative capabilities they need to champion Asana within their Organizations.
Access the Organization Admin Console
To access the Admin Console:
- Click on your profile photo
- In the drop down menu, select Admin Console
Get insights into your organization
From the Insights tab, you can:
- Understand how your organization is using Asana through high-level metrics
- See recently added teammates
- View the most influential members in your organization (active members with the most invites sent, teams created, and projects shared in Asana)
- With Business, you can view detailed engagement activity over time to spot trends in your organizations usage of Asana
Manage all Members in an Organization
From the Members tab, you can see how many members and Guests you have in your Asana Organization as well as how many seats you have available. If you need to add members, grant admin access, or deprovision a member, you can easily do so.
From the Members tab, you can:
- Invite new Members to join a team in your Organization
- Identify the number of Members, Guests, Pending Invites & the number of available seats in your Organization
- Search for someone in your Organization
- View each person's name, whether they're an Admin, Member or Guest & when they were last active in your Organization
- Edit profile settings or Remove by hovering over their name, clicking the three dot icon and selecting one of the options
All of the deprovisioned members’ tasks will be added to a private project, so you can reassign work and make sure tasks stay on track.
The Team Access tab on a member's Profile Settings gives admins insight into what specific users have access to and the ability to edit membership status.
From Edit profile settings admins can navigate to a member's Profile Settings to access and manage teams.
To access a member's profile settings:
- Click on the three dot icon across from a selected member to view options
- Click on Edit profile settings from the drop-down list
From here navigate to Team Access where you can browse teams, edit team access and add or remove members from teams.
Click on Team Access to:
- View the teams a user belongs to
- Add a user to any team in the Org
- Untick to remove the user from any team
- Save changes after any updates
Sort Members by Name & Last Activity
You can also sort your Member & Guest list by name (alphabetical order or reverse alphabetical order) or by Last activity so you can see how recently people last logged into the Organization or if there are any outstanding invitations.
Export Membership Data to CSV
To export Membership data to CSV:
- Click on the three dot icon from the Members tab
- Click Request CSV of members
Export Team Data to CSV
Admins of a paid Organization or a Division can export their team list to CSV through the teams tab of their Admin Console.
To export team data to CSV:
- Navigate to Teams tab
- Click Export CSV
You will then receive an email message with the link to download.
The CSV file downloaded has the following fields:
- Member Count
- Created On
- Created By
- Member (email)
- Limited Access Member (email)
- Pending Invite (email)
From the Teams tab, you can:
- Create a new team in your Organization
- View each team's name, number of Members, privacy permissions, creation date & creator
- Edit a team by hovering over the three dot icon next to the "Created by" field and clicking the Edit Team option that appears
Team privacy settings
Admins for Enterprise Organizations can set a default privacy level for Teams in their Organization.
When set, this will be the pre-selected option when creating a new team. Team creators can still create teams with other privacy levels as they choose.
To set your default privacy settings navigate to your Admin Console and click on the Security tab. Then, click on Team Privacy Settings.
From the next tab, you can select your default setting.
Manage Billing Information
The Billing Owner of a Premium Organization, who is also the Admin, can access their Billing through the Admin Console.
From the Billing tab, you can:
- Change your type of paid plan
- View your seat utilization
- Update your billing information
- Reassign Billing Ownership of the account
- Download your latest invoice
Only the current Billing Owner of an Organization will be able to update the Billing information, reassign Billing Ownership or download the latest invoice.
View and dowload invoices
Billing Owners can view and download all historical invoices.
From Invoices on the Billing tab you can not only view the latest invoices but see an invoice history with an option to download all invoices for a particular year.
- Click on Invoice history
- View All Invoices
- Click on download symbol to download year in bulk or select a particular month
Change or edit your plan size and tier
From the Admin Console click on the Billing tab.
From the Billing tab click on Change plan.
Here, you can choose to upgrade to a Business plan or if you’re already on a Business tier, you can choose to switch to a Premium plan.
When you’ve chosen your desired tier, click Confirm and change plan.
You must be the Billing Owner of your paid plan to edit its size or change tier.
From the Security tab, you can:
- Enable or disable Google SSO for your Organization
- Enable SAML for your Organization
- Set password requirements for Organization Members or force a password reset for all Members
- View all the Admins for your Organization
You can choose your password strength by clicking into the Security tab of your Admin Console and clicking on Password strength.
You can choose between a simple and strong password. Simple passwords must have at least 8 characters and strong passwords must have at least 8 characters and must include characters from at least three of the following types: lowercase, uppercase, numbers, and special characters.
Changes to the password strength will only affect newly created passwords.
Organization admins must first log in with their Google account in order to enable Google SSO. If you logged in with email and password, simply log out and in again using the blue Use Google Account button instead.
When you click Google Apps Authentication in the Security tab, you can:
- Set Google Sign-in as either optional or required for all Members
- Once you've chosen an option, click Save Configuration
Organization Guests can always log in with email and password, regardless of whether Google SSO is required for Members or not.
Enterprise Organizations can also enable SAML from the security tab of their Admin Console.
Organization Name & Verified Email Domains
From the Settings tab, you can:
- Change the name of your Organization
- View or change your Organization’s list of verified domains
- Request an export of all the data in your Organization as a JSON file
Admins can request an export of all the data in your Organization as a JSON file. You can do this from the settings tab of your Admin Console. Please note that domain export is an Enterprise feature.
Manage apps and integrations
From the Apps tab, you can:
- See recommended Asana integrations
- Find and explore apps through our directory
- With Enterprise, you can authorize and deauthorize service accounts
Access resources and answer product questions
From the Resources tab, you can:
- Connect your team with onboarding tutorials and tips to help get started in Asana
- Find resources to help your team master and discover new ways to use Asana
- Explore and understand Admin features
Recovering a deprovisioned person’s assigned tasks
After you have deprovisioned someone from your Organization, a private project containing their previously assigned tasks will be autogenerated for you. This allows you to easily find and reassign any pending tasks the deprovisioned person has left behind.
The private project will be created specifically for the Admin who has deprovisioned the user.
A simple next step solution to delegating would be to multi-select deprovisioned tasks, where you can take mass actions on tasks and even bulk assign them to the same person.
Disabling file attachments
The ability to disable file attachments is an Enterprise feature.
For more information, please see the guide article here.