- Skip Ahead to
- Access the Admin Console
- Manage Members
- Export Membership Data to CSV
- Manage Teams
- Manage Billing Information
- Google SSO
- Organization Name & Verified Email Domains
- Domain export
- Access resources and answer product questions
- Recovering a deprovisioned person’s assigned tasks
We’d greatly appreciate any feedback you may have on the Admin Console.
The Admin Console will empower all Asana admins with the administrative capabilities they need to champion Asana within their Organizations
Access the Organization Admin Console
To access the Admin Console:
- Click on your profile photo
- In the drop down menu, select Admin Console
Get insights into your organization
From the Insights tab, you can:
- Understand how your organization is using Asana through high-level metrics
- See recently added teammates
- View the most influential members in your organization (active members with the most invites sent, teams created, and projects shared in Asana)
- With Business, you can view detailed engagement activity over time to spot trends in your organizations usage of Asana
Manage all Members in an Organization
From the Members tab, you can:
- Invite new Members to join a team in your Organization
- Identify the number of Members, Guests, Pending Invites & the number of available seats in your Organization
- Search for someone in your Organization
- View each person’s name, whether they’re an Admin, Member or Guest & when they were last active in your Organization
- Grant/Revoke Admin access or remove someone by hovering over their name, clicking the three dot icon and selecting one of the options
Sort Members by Name & Last Activity
You can also sort your Member & Guest list by name (alphabetical order or reverse alphabetical order) or by Last activity so you can see how recently people last logged into the Organization or if there are any outstanding invitations.
Export Membership Data to CSV
To export Membership data to CSV:
- Click on the three dot icon from the Members tab
- Click Request CSV of members
From the Teams tab, you can:
- Create a new team in your Organization
- View each team’s name, number of Members, privacy permissions, creation date & creator
- Edit a team by hovering over the three dot icon next to the “Created by” field and clicking the Edit Team option that appears
Manage Billing Information
The Billing Owner of a Premium Organization, who is also the Admin, can access their Billing through the Admin Console.
From the Billing tab, you can:
- Change your type of paid plan
- View your seat utilization
- Update your billing information
- Reassign Billing Ownership of the account
- Download your latest invoice
Only the current Billing Owner of an Organization will be able to update the Billing information, reassign Billing Ownership or download the latest invoice.
From the Security tab, you can:
- Enable or disable Google SSO for your Organization
- Enable SAML for your Organization
- Set password requirements for Organization Members or force a password reset for all Members
- View all the Admins for your Organization
Changes to the password strength will only affect newly created passwords.
Organization admins must first log in with their Google account in order to enable Google SSO. If you logged in with email and password, simply log out and in again using the blue Use Google Account button instead.
When you click Google Apps Authentication in the Security tab, you can:
- Set Google Sign-in as either optional or required for all Members
- Once you’ve chosen an option, click Save Configuration
Organization Guests can always log in with email and password, regardless of whether Google SSO is required for Members or not.
Enterprise Organizations can also enable SAML from the security tab of their Admin Console.
Organization Name & Verified Email Domains
From the Settings tab, you can:
- Change the name of your Organization
- View or change your Organization’s list of verified domains
- Request an export of all the data in your Organization as a JSON file
Admins can request an export of all the data in your Organization as a JSON file. You can do this from the settings tab of your Admin Console. Please note that domain export is an Enterprise feature.
Manage apps and integrations
From the Apps tab, you can:
- See recommended Asana integrations
- Find and explore apps through our directory
- With Enterprise, you can authorize and deauthorize service accounts
Access resources and answer product questions
From the Resources tab, you can:
- Connect your team with onboarding tutorials and tips to help get started in Asana
- Find resources to help your team master and discover new ways to use Asana
- Explore and understand Admin features
Recovering a deprovisioned person’s assigned tasks
After you have deprovisioned someone from your Organization, a private project containing their previously assigned tasks will be created for you. This allows you to easily find and reassign any pending tasks the deprovisioned person has left behind.