Portfolios on iOS
- Skip Ahead to
- Creating a Portfolio
- Adding projects to a Portfolio
- Portfolio Overview
- View Custom Fields
- Project Overview
Portfolios help you keep track of projects across your team, or even across your whole Organization. Portfolios let you categorize Asana projects, see & request status updates, and organize projects based on priority, burn-up chart, or even custom fields you create.
Your Portfolios are divided into two sections; the ones that were created by you and the ones you most recently visited.
Create a Portfolio
To create a Portfolio:
- Tap the Portfolios icon at the bottom of your screen
- Tap the + button to name & create a new portfolio
Add Projects to a Portfolio
Once you’ve created a Portfolio, you can add a project or multiple projects at once.
Tap the + icon from the Portfolio view
From here, search for the project(s) you’d like to add and tap Done
When you add a project to a Portfolio on mobile, the owner of that Portfolio is automatically subscribed to status updates on that project.
Once you’ve created a portfolio and added a few projects, you can keep track of their health in one place.
From the Portfolio view, you can:
- View each project’s latest status
- View each project’s progress as a percentage
- View each project’s due date or date range
- View the team a project belongs to and the number of overdue tasks it contains
- View the owner of each project
- Add more projects to the Portfolio
View Portfolio custom fields
If you have added custom fields to your Portfolio using the web-version of Asana, you can view any values that were entered directly from the Portfolio overview.
To view custom field values from the Portfolio overview:
- Swipe across the header line to view the custom field values for each project
It’s currently only possible to add custom fields to a Portfolio using the web version of Asana.
You can access an individual project’s view to get a complete high level picture of the health of the project by tapping on any project within your Portfolio.
Project overviews are available in both the basic and paid versions of Asana
From the project view, you can:
- Access the settings to favorite, archive or delete a project
- View the project’s owner, custom fields, due date/date range and description
- View and add project Members
- View a project’s progress & task completion status
- View a project’s latest status update or request an update