- Skip Ahead to
- Rich Text
- Appreciation stickers
- How to Hyperlink
- Paste link shortcut
- Toggle monospace formatting
@mentioning allows you to link people, projectsprojectsProjects are lists of tasks.Read more, taskstasksTasks are the basic unit of work in Asana. Tasks can represent any kind of work, break down work into smaller pieces, or store information.Read more, tagstagsUse tags to mark tasks or group together similar tasks.Read more, and conversationsconversationsConversations are how users communicate in Asana. Start a conversation on any project or team page.Read more from any description or commentcommentComment on a task or conversation to offer help, answer questions, and help move work forward.Read more field in Asana.
Use @mention to link to other tasks, projects, tags, teams, or Conversations in the notes, or to draw a teammate's attention to a comment by linking to their name.
@, then start typing the name of a task, project, tag, Conversation, or person.
Use the following keyboard shortcuts to format your text:
|• Bulleted Lists||
|1. Numbered Lists||
|Indent your list||
|Outdent your list||
If you would prefer not to use keyboard shortcuts, you can also format your text by clicking on the rich text toolbar when entering a task description or commenting on a task.
⌘is the Command/Apple key on macOS,
Ctrlis the Control key on Windows.
If you're using numbered or bulleted lists, you can also increase or decrease the list indent according to your preference.
Emojis are supported everywhere in Asana. They can be added to project & task titles, descriptions, comments and Conversations. You can either copy and paste an emoji into the appropriate field, or type the emoji command into the field and the text will automatically convert into its corresponding emoji.
For example, type :smile: into the task description field and it will convert the text into .
ASCII emoticons are supported and will automatically convert into emojis.
Appreciation stickers are a way to empower users to collaborate on tasks. They're animated and illustrated characterizations that users can add via the emoji-picker. These stickers are a great way to give recognition and kudos to teammates and collaborators.
You can access Appreciation stickers through task comment by clicking on the Appreciations icon picker.
Show your appreciation and recognition of a task action with a range of animated or illustrated stickers.
How to Hyperlink
Users can communicate with hyperlinks in Asana. You can add a link to a task description through the Insert link button and in task comment through the rich text button. Asana users can link to relevant projects, tasks and documents.
- Head to the Task description and navigate to the Insert link icon
- Click Insert link
Add Description and URL:
After you click Insert link a two-line pop up frame will enable you to describe your link in line 1 by adding a Title and add your URL in line 2.
Where to add your URL:
- Give your link a Title
- Add your link
Link when you Comment:
You can add a link via a task comment through the rich text button.
Where to add a URL when you Comment:
- When you want to add a link click on the Formatting button
- Click on the link icon to insert link
You can then add a title and your URL.
You can also use the keyboard shortcut: ⌘-K (Mac) and Ctrl-K (Windows) to link important content to text
The following fields support @mention, rich text, and emojis:
- task descriptiontask descriptionTask description is a text field that allows users to add details and context to their tasks.Read more
- Task commentscommentsComment on a task or conversation to offer help, answer questions, and help move work forward.Read more
- project descriptionsproject descriptionsThe project description is a place to provide teammates with the goals and overview of a project.Read more
- Project statusstatusA way to update project members on the progress of a project. Status includes a color (red, yellow, green) and short summary.Read more updates
- Body of a conversationconversationConversations are how users communicate in Asana. Start a conversation on any project or team page.Read more
- Conversation comments
Paste link shortcut
If a URL is already on your clipboard, if you select some text and type Cmd+V, the selected text will turn into a link.
Toggle monospace formatting
If you select some text and then type backtick (`) the text will then be formatted as monospace.