- Skip Ahead to
- Global top bar and quick add button
- Customize your sidebar
- Insights and teams
Read more to learn about the new and improved sidebar that will help you easily access what you need and maximize your productivity.
Global top bar and quick add button
From the top global top bar, you can:
- Do a global search
- Click the Quick add button to create a task, project, team, or invite someone to Asana
Customize your sidebar
- Drag and drop your sections to reorder them
- Resize your sidebar
Changing your sidebar’s color
Click on your avatar on the top right corner. From the drop-down menu, select My Settings and click on the Display tab to toggle the color setting for your sidebar.
Star projects, portfolios, people, dashboards, saved searches, and teams to save and bookmark them on your sidebar for easier access. Simply navigate to the desired page and click on the star icon next to the title at the top of the page.
The Starred section can be used to curate work that is top of mind for you or that you access often, like a favorites list. Only you see what you've starred. Everyone in your workspace or organization has their own starred list.
Newly starred items will be added to the top of the Starred section. You can reorder items by dragging and dropping.
Your saved searches will now appear on the Starred section
You can remove items from the Starred section by right-clicking the item from the sidebar, or on the page itself to remove the star
The sidebar lists the projects in your team or workspace. The lock icon indicates a private project.
- Click the + icon to create a new project or a new portfolio
- Click the three dot icon to view your top projects or recently visited projects
Open up the project to reveal more actions in the project header.
Portfolios are available to Asana Business, and Enterprise.
By default, your Projects section is set to show your Top projects. This automatically surfaces projects that are most relevant to your day-to-day work based on the projects you visit most.
Recent projects is an auto-updating list of your 10 most recent projects.
Right click on any item on the sidebar to open a menu to speed up your workflow.
Insights and teams
- Click the + icon to create new portfolios, goals, and dashboards.
- Click the + icon to browse all teams in your domain or create a new team.
Learn about the power of dashboards in Asana and how a project level tab containing charts can be used for visual reporting.
To view the flyouts, hover over the team or portfolio and click the > icon next to its name.
Portfolio flyouts show you all of the projects and portfolios within.
From the team flyout, you can view the team’s projects, team page, add members or create a project. By default, this will show the list of active projects. To view the archived projects, click on the team to view the Overview page, then select Archived projects under the filter.
- Where can I find archived projects?
- From your sidebar, click on your team to view the overview page. In the Projects section, click on Filter to show all archived projects within your team.
- Where can I find goals, portfolios, and/or reporting?
- These can be found in the sidebar under the Insights section. You may need to scroll down to see this section.
- If you want easier access to these features, drag-and-drop the section to the top of your sidebar.
- You can also star individual goals, portfolios, and reports to pin them in the Starred section.
- Where can I find my deleted tasks?
- Click on your avatar on the top right corner of the app, which will open a dropdown menu. Expand the More menu option, and look for View my deleted tasks & messages.
- The Projects section keeps changing - how do I stop this?
- Your projects may be set to recent projects. You may change this setting to top projects.
- You can also star projects to curate a list of work. These projects will appear in the Starred section.
- How do I add or remove projects to the Projects section?
- You cannot manually add or remove projects to this section as it is displaying either your top or recent projects.
- To manually add projects to your sidebar, you can add them to your Starred section.
- Where can I find my saved searches?
- The default saved searches have been removed from the sidebar. However, clicking the search bar will show you three saved searches: Tasks I’ve created, Tasks I’ve assigned to others, and Recently completed tasks.
- You may also see saved searches in the starred section if you have any searches that you’ve previously favorited.
- You can also create more by searching for what you want, then starring the search page.
- What does the (pad)lock symbol mean?
- The lock symbol indicates a private project or portfolio.