- Skip Ahead to
- Enabling & Disabling Email Notifications
- Daily Summary
- Activity Updates
- Reply to Notifications
- Weekly Reports
- Batch Updates
To stay informed on activity in Asana, you can receive email notifications or use Inbox.
There are three types of email notifications:
- Daily Summary
- Activity Updates
- Weekly Report
Email Notification Settings
To access your Email Notification Settings:
- Click your profile photo in the top bar and select Profile SettingsProfile Settings Profile Settings lets users adjust preferences related to their specific account. Read more
- Navigate to the Email Notifications tab
- Check/uncheck any of the boxes to toggle your email notifications on/off
You can also access your Email Notification Settings from InboxInbox My Inbox displays activity on tasks, projects, or conversations a user follows. Read more :
- Click My InboxInbox My Inbox displays activity on tasks, projects, or conversations a user follows. Read more from the sidebar
- Click the three doted icon on the right to expand the menu
- Select Email Notifications
Turn off Notifications
If you do not want email notifications, you can turn them off using the instructions in the section above and use InboxInbox My Inbox displays activity on tasks, projects, or conversations a user follows. Read more exclusively to stay up to date in Asana.
Notifications on deleted Teams & deleted projects cannot be turned off as they contain links that allow you to recover them.
We will send out a clear daily update on what you need to focus on in Asana that day. This email will include two sections:
Tasks Due Soon = tasks that are due within the next 5 days.
Tasks Recently Assigned = This section will display tasks that were recently assigned to you, regardless of whether the task has a due date or not.
Overdue tasks will not appear in Daily Summary emails.
You will receive an email notification for the following activities:
- A task is assignedassigned The person responsible for the task or subtask. Asana allows one assignee per task or subtask. Read more to you
- A task is unassigned from you
- A task assigned to you has its due datedue date The date that a task or subtask is due. Read more changed
- You have been added as a follower of a task
- A task you are following has new attachmentsattachments A file that is attached to a task or conversation. Read more
- A task you are following has new commentscomments Comment on a task or conversation to offer help, answer questions, and help move work forward. Read more
- A task you are following is marked completecomplete To mark a task with a checkmark to indicate that it is done. Read more
- A task you are following is given a Like
- Your comment is liked
- Your attachment is liked
- Your task completion is liked
- A ConversationConversation Conversations are how users communicate in Asana. Start a conversation on any project or team page. Read more is started in a team or a project you’re a member of
- A comment is posted in a Conversation you’re following
- A project you are a member of has new tasks
- There is a new statusstatus A way to update project members on the progress of a project. Status includes a color (red, yellow, green) and short summary. Read more for a project you’re a member of
- The status of a task you’ve been waiting on has been changed
- A task is moved from one column to another in a Board’s project
Activity notifications are only sent out for actions and changes performed by others; you will not receive a notification for actions you perform yourself.
Reply to Notifications
Reply to an email notification to:
- Mark the task completecomplete To mark a task with a checkmark to indicate that it is done. Read more - reply to the email and type Complete or Done as the first word in your message
- CommentComment Comment on a task or conversation to offer help, answer questions, and help move work forward. Read more on the task - reply to the email
- AssignAssign The person responsible for the task or subtask. Asana allows one assignee per task or subtask. Read more the task to a teammate - reply to the email and add your teammate’s email address in the To: field
- Add a teammate as a task followerfollower Add followers to any task and they will receive notifications about updates to the task. Read more - reply to the email and add your teammate’s email address in the CC: field
These tips can be found at the bottom of your email notifications.
Do not save the reply-to address in your Contacts list. It will change.
We will send an email once a week containing project status updates in your Portfolios.
You can receive a maximum of 20 weekly report emails per week.
If you’re receiving multiple notifications within an hour of each other, Asana will batch them into a single email. Critical notifications like task assignments will always be sent individually, but updates around new tasks created or completed will be batched.