Use Team Conversations to share team-wide announcements, celebrate major accomplishments, or talk about multiple projects at a time.
Accessing Team Conversations
To access Team Conversations:
- Click Team Conversations under your desired team from the sidebarsidebarUse the sidebar to navigate to the dashboard, starred items, projects, and teams. The sidebar can be collapsed.Read more
- Navigate to the Conversations View from the headerheaderThe header is part of the user interface between the top bar and the main pane and lets users navigate projects.Read more
Notifications with Team Conversations
Depending on the conversation, different people are notified when the conversation is first posted and when someone comments on the conversation.
Notifications when posting to Team Conversations
When someone posts a Conversation, a notification is sent to:
- All Team MembersTeam MembersSomeone that has access to all public projects and conversations in a Team.Read more
- Any non-Team Member that has been @mentioned@mentionedType Read more
A number next to the Post button will show you exactly how many people will be notified when you create a new Conversation.
Notifications when commenting on a Team Conversations
When someone comments on a post, a notification is sent to:
- The author of the post
- Anyone who has previously commented on the post
- Anyone who was @mentioned in the post or any of the post's previous comments
A number next to the Comment button will show you exactly how many people will be notified when commenting on a Conversation.
Team Conversation permissions
Access to a Team's Conversation is determined by the Team's permission setting.
|Membership by Request||Team Members|
|Public to Organization||Team & Organization Members|
If you @mention someone in Team Conversations where their permission is set to Membership by Request or Hidden, they will only see the one Conversation they were @mentioned in.
If you posted a Conversation, you can move it from one team to another.
To move the Conversation, hover over the Conversation name and click the drop-down arrow that appears beside the like icon. Hover over Move Conversation. A list of teams you're a member of will appear.
You must be a member of the team you wish to move the Conversation to.