Use Team Conversations to share team-wide announcements, celebrate major accomplishments, or talk about multiple projects at a time.
Accessing Team Conversations
To access Team Conversations:
- Click Team Conversations under your desired team from the sidebarsidebar Use the sidebar to navigate to the dashboard, starred items, projects, and teams. The sidebar can be collapsed. Read more
- Navigate to the Conversations View from the headerheader The header is part of the user interface between the top bar and the main pane and lets users navigate projects. Read more
Notifications with Team Conversations
Depending on the conversation, different people are notified when the conversation is first posted and when someone comments on the conversation.
Notifications when posting to Team Conversations
When someone posts a Conversation, a notification is sent to:
- All Team MembersTeam Members Someone that has access to all public projects and conversations in a Team. Read more
- Any non-Team Member that has been @mentioned@mentioned Type "@" followed by the name of a teammate, project, task, conversation, or tag to create a link to them in a description or comment field. Read more
A number next to the Post button will show you exactly how many people will be notified when you create a new Conversation.
Notifications when commenting on a Team Conversations
When someone comments on a post, a notification is sent to:
- The author of the post
- Anyone who has previously commented on the post
- Anyone who was @mentioned in the post or any of the post’s previous comments
A number next to the Comment button will show you exactly how many people will be notified when commenting on a Conversation.
Team Convesation permissions
Access to a Team’s Conversation is determined by the Team’s permission setting.
|Membership by Request||Team Members|
|Public to Organization||Team & Organizaton Members|
If you @mention someone in Team Conversations where their permission is set to Membership by Request or Hidden, they will only see the one Conversation they were @mentioned in.