Use your project’s Conversations View to have project-level discussions, brainstorming, or any other topic that goes beyond a single task.
Every project has its own Conversations View.
Accessing Project Conversations
To access project conversations:
- Click your desired project from the sidebarsidebar Use the sidebar to navigate to the dashboard, starred items, projects, and teams. The sidebar can be collapsed. Read more
- Navigate to the Conversations View from the headerheader The header is part of the user interface between the top bar and the main pane and lets users navigate projects. Read more
Notifications with Project Conversations
Depending on the Conversation, different people are notified when the conversation is first posted and when someone comments on the conversation.
Notifications when posting to project Conversations
When someone posts to Conversations, a notification is sent to:
- All project membersproject members Someone that has access to and receives notifications about a project. Read more
- Any non-project member @mentioned@mentioned Type "@" followed by the name of a teammate, project, task, conversation, or tag to create a link to them in a description or comment field. Read more in the Conversation
A number next to the Post button will show you exactly how many people will be notified when starting a Conversation
Notifications when commenting on a project Conversation
When someone comments on a post, a notification is sent to:
- The author of the post
- Anyone who has previously commented on the post
- Anyone who was @mentioned in the post or any of the post’s previous comments
You can see who will be notified by hovering over Collaborators.
Project Conversation Permissions
Access to a project’s Conversation is determined by its project permissions.
If somebody has access to the project, then they also have access to all of the project’s permissions.
|Public project||Team MembersTeam Members Someone that has access to all public projects and conversations in a Team. Read more & project members|
|Private project||Project membersProject members Someone that has access to and receives notifications about a project. Read more|
If you @mention someone in project conversations where their permission is set to private, they will only see the one Conversation they were @mentioned in.