Use conversations to have discussions, make an announcement, brainstorm, celebrate accomplishments, or talk about any other topic.
Team vs project Conversations
Conversations can be started with your entire TeamTeam A team is a group of people in an Organization who are working together on a collection of projects. Read more or for a specific projectproject Projects are lists of tasks. Read more .
Team conversations and project conversations function in the same way, but there are a few differences between the two, including:
- Where to start the Conversation
- Who gets notified about the Conversation
- Who has access to the Conversation
The screenshots in this article show project conversations, but they also apply to team conversations.
Start a Conversation
Post a Conversation
- Enter a subject line for your post
- Provide additional context in the body of the post
- Upload any relevant files to your post via your computer, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive.
- @mention@mention Type "@" followed by the name of a teammate, project, task, conversation, or tag to create a link to them in a description or comment field. Read more other people that are not part of the project to notify them of your post
- When you are done, click the Post button
The subject line and body of your post are required, but steps 3 & 4 are optional.
Respond to a Conversation
You can post a comment to a Conversation or like a Conversation to show your acknowledgement or support.
To respond to a Conversation
- Click the thumbs up icon to like the post
- Add a comment to respond to the post
- You can also @mention someone and upload an attachmentattachment A file that is attached to a task or conversation. Read more
- Click the Comment button to post your comment
You can edit your own Conversation comment by hovering over it, clicking the arrow that appears and selecting Edit Comment
You can respond to an email notification regarding any Team Conversation to post a comment.
You can also like a Conversation’s comment.
To like a comment:
Click the thumbs up icon next to your comment you want to like.
Delete a Conversation
To delete a Conversation:
- Hover over the Conversation and click the drop down arrow
- Select Delete Conversation
You can only delete the Conversations that you’ve posted. Deleting a Conversation post will also deletes its subsequent comments.