Use conversations to have discussions, make an announcement, brainstorm, celebrate accomplishments, or talk about any other topic.
Team vs project Conversations
Conversations can be started with your entire TeamTeam A team is a group of people in an Organization who are working together on a collection of projects. Read more or for a specific projectproject Projects are lists of tasks. Read more .
Team conversations and project conversations function in the same way, but there are a few differences between the two, including:
- Where to start the Conversation
- Who gets notified about the Conversation
- Who has access to the Conversation
The screenshots in this article show project conversations, but they also apply to team conversations.
Start a Conversation
Post a Conversation
- Enter a subject line for your post
- Provide additional context in the body of the post
- Upload any relevant files to your post via your computer, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive.
- @mention@mention Type "@" followed by the name of a teammate, project, task, conversation, or tag to create a link to them in a description or comment field. Read more other people that are not part of the project to notify them of your post
- When you are done, click the Post button
The subject line and body of your post are required, but steps 3 & 4 are optional.
Respond to a Conversation
You can post a comment to a Conversation or like a Conversation to show your acknowledgement or support.
To respond to a Conversation
- Click the thumbs up icon to like the post
- Add a comment to respond to the post
- You can also @mention someone and upload an attachmentattachment A file that is attached to a task or conversation. Read more
- Click the Comment button to post your comment
You can respond to an email notification regarding any Team Conversation to post a comment.
You can also like a Conversation’s comment.
To like a comment:
Click the thumbs up icon next to your comment you want to like.
Delete a Conversation
To delete a Conversation:
- Hover over the Conversation and click the drop down arrow
- Select Delete Conversation
You can only delete the Conversations that you’ve posted. Deleting a Conversation post will also deletes its subsequent comments.