Use Messages to have discussions, make an announcement, brainstorm, celebrate accomplishments, or talk about any other topic. You can use Messages directly with people, or with projects or teams.
Messages with teams, projects and people
Messages can be sent to individuals you collaborate with, all members of specific projects, or all members of your teams.
These Messages function in the same way, but there are a few differences between them, including:
- Where to start the Messages
- Who gets notified about the Messages
- Who has access to the Messages
Start a Message
You can start a Message rom several places, including the “Send message” button in Inbox, the Quick Add button, hovercards for individual collaborators, and the “Messages” page on projects and teams.
You can send a message to multiple recipients, including sending a message to multiple projects and teams.
To create a Message for a team
Click on the Messages option in the top navigation bar for a team to start a conversation, or click “Send message” next to the list of team members on the Overview page.
To create a Message for a project
- Click on the “Messages” tab in the top navigation bar of a project.
- Click “Send message to members”
To create a message from Quick Add
- Click on the Quick Add icon located on the right top corner
- Select the Message option from the menu
Respond to a message
You can reply to a message by typing a response, or by liking the message to show your acknowledgement or support.
Things you can do to respond to a Conversation
- Click the thumbs up icon to like the message
- Add a comment to respond to the message
- Apply rich text to your message
- You can also @mention someone and upload an attachmentattachmentA file that is attached to a task or conversation.Read more
- Add emojis or appreciations to the body of your message
- Upload any relevant files to your message via your computer, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive.
- Click the send button to send your message
Other actions to share a message: print and get link
There are other actions you can do with messages that will help you share the information posted by your teammates and yourself.
- Click the first icon displayed on the top right corner of a message to copy the message link to your clipboard
- Click the three doted icon on the top right corner of a message and select Print to print it
Edit a message
You can edit a conversation at any time. It’s possible to add or remove information, fix things like typos or tag additional teammates.
To edit a conversation:
- Click on the three-dot icon in a conversation to expand the menu
- Click on Edit
After clicking Edit, the elements displayed in the conversation will become available to be edited. You can make changes in:
- The subject line
- The text in the body of the conversation
- The formatting of the text, mentions, emojis or attachments
- Click on the Cancel button to dismiss the changes, or
- Click on the Save changes to update your conversation
You will be able to identify those conversations that have been edited by the (edited) label displayed next to the date.
Delete a Conversation
To delete a Conversation:
- Click the three doted icon on the top right corner of a conversation to display a menu
- Select Delete
You can only delete the Conversations that you've posted. Deleting a Conversation post will also delete its subsequent comments.