Use conversations to have discussions, make an announcement, brainstorm, celebrate accomplishments, or talk about any other topic.
Team vs project Conversations
Conversations can be started with your entire TeamTeam A team is a group of people in an Organization who are working together on a collection of projects. Read more or for a specific projectproject Projects are lists of tasks. Read more .
Team conversations and project conversations function in the same way, but there are a few differences between the two, including:
- Where to start the Conversation
- Who gets notified about the Conversation
- Who has access to the Conversation
The screenshots in this article show project conversations, but they also apply to team conversations.
Start a Conversation
Post a Conversation
- Enter a subject line for your post
- Provide additional context in the body of the post
- Upload any relevant files to your post via your computer, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive.
- @mention@mention Type "@" followed by the name of a teammate, project, task, conversation, or tag to create a link to them in a description or comment field. Read more other people that are not part of the project to notify them of your post
- When you are done, click the Post button
The subject line and body of your post are required, but steps 3 & 4 are optional.
Respond to a Conversation
You can post a comment to a Conversation or like a Conversation to show your acknowledgement or support.
To respond to a Conversation
- Click the thumbs up icon to like the post
- Add a comment to respond to the post
- You can also @mention someone and upload an attachmentattachment A file that is attached to a task or conversation. Read more
- Click the Comment button to post your comment
You can respond to an email notification regarding any Team Conversation to post a comment.
You can also like a Conversation’s comment.
To like a comment:
Click the thumbs up icon next to your comment you want to like.
Delete a Conversation
To delete a Conversation:
- Hover over the Conversation and click the drop down arrow
- Select Delete Conversation
Deleting a Conversation post also deletes its subsequent comments
You can only delete the Conversations that you’ve posted
Deleted Items View
Deleted Items view allows the person whom created or deleted the task, subtask, or Conversation to restore it. This is the equivalent of a trash can or recycle bin on your computer.
To view and restore deleted items that you created or deleted:
- Click Show Recents and more… in the sidebarsidebar Use the sidebar to navigate to the dashboard, starred items, projects, and teams. The sidebar can be collapsed. Read more , near your starsstars Users can star projects, people, tags, or custom search views to easily access them in the sidebar. Read more
- Click Deleted Items
Items that you deleted or created will load in the main panemain pane When you select a project, tag, or person, you will see the relevant list of tasks in the main pane. Read more .
To undelete an item:
- Select Deleted Items from the sidebarsidebar Use the sidebar to navigate to the dashboard, starred items, projects, and teams. The sidebar can be collapsed. Read more (you may have to select Show More… to find this option)
- Locate the item you wish to undelete and click the trash can icon
To permanently delete an item:
- Select Deleted Items from the sidebar (you may have to select Show More… to find this option)
- Locate the item and click the item’s name in the main panemain pane When you select a project, tag, or person, you will see the relevant list of tasks in the main pane. Read more
- Click the Delete Permanently button from the right paneright pane The right pane holds the details of a task or Conversation. Read more
Deleted Items in Search Views
You can include or exclude deleted items from any Search ViewSearch View A Search View is a list of tasks or conversations that meet the criteria a user specifies in search. Read more .
To search for delete items, start by creating a Search View, then:
- Click + Add Filter
- Select More > Deleted…