- Skip Ahead to
- Start a Conversation
- Respond to a Conversation
- Edit a Conversation
- Delete a Conversation
Use conversations to have discussions, make an announcement, brainstorm, celebrate accomplishments, or talk about any other topic.
Team vs Project conversations
Conversations can be started with your entire TeamTeam A team is a group of people in an Organization who are working together on a collection of projects. Read more or for a specific projectproject Projects are lists of tasks. Read more .
Team conversations and Project conversations function in the same way, but there are a few differences between the two, including:
- Where to start the conversation
- Who gets notified about the conversation
- Who has access to the conversation
Most of the screenshots in this article show project conversations, but they also apply to team conversations.
Start a Conversation
You can start a conversation for a team or project from their particular navigation bars or from the Quick Add button.
To create a conversation for a team
Click on the Conversations option in the top navigation bar for a team to start a conversation
To create a conversation for a project
- Click on the More option in the top navigation bar in a project to display a menu
- Select the Conversations option from the menu
To create a conversation from Quick Add
- Click on the Quick Add plus icon located on the right top corner
- Select the Conversation option from the menu
You will see a modal to create your conversation. Click on the Team or Project option to select where you want to post it
There are different actions you can do while posting a Conversation in a Team or Project.
Things you can do while posting a Conversation
- Enter a subject line for your post
- Provide additional context in the body of the post
- Apply rich text to the body of your conversation
- @mention@mention Type "@" followed by the name of a teammate, project, task, conversation, or tag to create a link to them in a description or comment field. Read more other people that are not part of the project to notify them of your post
- Add emojis to the body of your conversation
- Upload any relevant files to your post via your computer, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive.
- Hover over the label that indicates the number of people that will be notified. It will show you the names of the people who will get a notification when you post your conversation
- When you are ready to publish it, click the Post button
The subject line and body of your post are required. The rest of the elements are optional.
Respond to a Conversation
You can post a comment to a Conversation or like a Conversation to show your acknowledgement or support.
Things you can do to respond to a Conversation
- Click the thumbs up icon to like the post
- Add a comment to respond to the post
- Apply rich text to your comment
- You can also @mention someone and upload an attachmentattachment A file that is attached to a task or conversation. Read more
- Add emojis to the body of your comment
- Upload any relevant files to your comment via your computer, Dropbox, Box, or Google Drive.
- Click the Comment button to post your comment
You can edit your own Conversation comment by hovering over it, clicking the arrow that appears and selecting Edit Comment.
You can also click the Delete Comment option on the same menu to delete your comment, or the Pin to top option to display that comment first among other comments on the same post.
You can respond to an email notification regarding any Team Conversation to post a comment.
You can also like a Conversation’s comment.
To like a comment:
Click the thumbs up icon next to your comment you want to like.
Other actions to share a conversation: print and get link
There are other actions you can do with conversations that will help you share the information posted by your teammates and yourself.
- Click the first icon displayed on the top right corner of a conversation to copy the conversation link to your clipboard
- Click the three doted icon on the top right corner of a conversation to display a menu and select Print to print it
Edit a conversation
You can edit a conversation at any time. It’s possible to add or remove information, fix things like typos or tag additional teammates.
To edit a conversation:
- Click on the three-dot icon in a conversation to expand the menu
- Click on Edit
After clicking Edit, the elements displayed in the conversation will become available to be edited. You can make changes in:
- The subject line
- The text in the body of the conversation
- The formatting of the text, mentions, emojis or attachments
- Click on the Cancel button to dismiss the changes, or
- Click on the Save changes to update your conversation
You will be able to identify those conversations that have been edited by the (edited) label displayed next to the date.
Delete a Conversation
To delete a Conversation:
- Click the three doted icon on the top right corner of a conversation to display a menu
- Select Delete
You can only delete the Conversations that you’ve posted. Deleting a Conversation post will also delete its subsequent comments.