Asana for Tableau
- Skip Ahead to
- Requirements for installation
- Use cases
- Using the Asana Web Data Connector
- Sample Dashboards
Tableau is a powerful business intelligence tool, that lets you build reports based on data from multiple sources. The Asana for Tableau integration pulls task data for all tasks in a given Team or Portfolio.
Connect Tableau to your Asana data to visualize and report on your Team’s work.
Requirements for installation
Both you and the team you're getting data for must have Asana Business. You also need access in Asana to the data that you wish to sync to Tableau.
You need to have Tableau Desktop enabled to use the Asana for Tableau integration. You can apply for a free trial of Tableau here.
- Make sure teams are hitting their SLAs
- Report on cross-functional work by customer
- See internal engagement with Asana
Using the Asana Web Data Connector
To use the Asana Web Data Connector, open Tableau on your Desktop. From the Connect menu on the sidebar, select Web Data Connector.
Paste Asana's Web Data Connector link: https://tableau-wdc.integrations.asana.plus:443/.
Login using your Asana credentials.
Then, authorize the Asana for Tableau integration to access your Asana account.
Finally, paste the link for the Team or Portfolio.
It will take between a few seconds and a few minutes for your data to sync, depending on the size of the Team or Portfolio.
The Asana for Tableau integration supports:
- Pulling summary project and task data from Teams and Portfolios
- Associated Custom Fields and tags on tasks
- Project descriptions and dates
- Milestones and sections
- Projects with less than 10k tasks
Projects with 0 Tasks will not be included.
The Asana for Tableau integration does not support:
- Custom Field value history (e.g. how long did it spend in "awaiting review")
- Full Organization exports
Team Health Dashboard